The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Is Recruiting
Posted on: 23 October, 2013
Deadline: 5 November, 2013
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of Tro
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Mail Room Supervisor at its Headquarters in Ibadan.
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Reconcile DHL/UPS courier bills before submission for payment to Finance department.
- Attend to mail addressed to IITA correspondences and distribute as appropriate
- Handle the Institute's weekly IITA Ltd/IITA Station's Out/Inbound courier/mail pouch movements.
- Prepare Chargebacks to staff and individual units/programmes IITA Ltd/IITA Stations In/Outbond couriers.
- Ensure efficient and judicious use of office supplies/equipment.
- Keep records of confidential documents that pass through Mailroom i.e. IRS pay advice, insurance, bank statements etc and sort same to individual mailbox.
- Supervision of Mailroom staff.
- Prepares monthly journals for postage and eFax charges.
- Monitor DHL/UPS activities within IITA as well as other related administrative responsibilities with their headquarters in the interest of the Institute.
- Coordinate Handling of Mailroom budget operations
- Control and monitor Mailroom Vehicle movements.
- Ensure compliance of discounts by DHL/UPS in their monthly courier bills in IITA's interest.
- Prepares out/in-bound IITA Ltd monthly chargebacks.
- Tracing/Tracking of courier shipments and adequate safeguard of Mail/Telex room Unit Operations.
- Compare DHL/UPS Courier charges for cost savings,
- Handle and maintain Mailroom imprest.
Qualification and Experience
- HND/BSc in Management or Administrative discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience in related field
- The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of computer skills;
- Be Hardworking and ability to work under pressure with less supervision;
- Possess good communication skills.
- Be able to take initiative and be attentive to details
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Deadline: 5th November 2013
Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/nrs-online-application . IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Mail Room Supervisor (2-year renewable contract)
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Assistant Manager, Legal at TGI Group of Companies
- Chief Security Officer (CSO) at AMO Group
- Group Head, Engineering Services at AMO group
- Green House Sales Manager at an Agricultural Firm - Platinum Careers
- Value Seeds Limited Latest Recruitment
- Job Vacancies at Comprehensive Local Agriculture Plan (C-LAP) (3096 Positions)
- Ticketing and Protocol Assistant at TGI Group of Companies
- Finance Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria