If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Technical Officer will work in a team lead by a Senior Technical Advisor to provide integrated technical assistance for the capacity building of CSO and government partners in strengthening their management system and support the delivery of programs for project management, grants & procurement management, proposal development, e-health and leadership and management in order to enable the partners to be programmatically, institutionally and financially sustainable.
The TO will be required to have specialized training and experience in one of the management areas mentioned above including e-health and should be familiar with PEPFAR and HIV/AIDS service delivery in Nigeria. Good knowledge of the expectations and demands of USAID and other international donor agencies will be an added advantage. The TO is expected to have strong facilitation skills and is able to train staff of partner organizations.
TO will work under the supervision of the PLAN-Health Senior Technical Advisor but will be expected to work closely in a team and with other colleagues in MSH Nigeria.
1. Client Responsibilities:
- The TO accomplishes project goals through the following:
- Implementing technical assistance in a manner that leads to the adoption and sustainable use of MSH tools and approaches by building client awareness of current gaps, achieving buy-in on the viability and need for an MSH tool or approach, and training client staff on the use of MSH tools or approaches.
- Building and managing professional relationships with key stakeholders, and providing reliable, high-quality follow through on all obligations to clients and other parties.
- Bringing pending needs for contracted work or short term technical assistance to the attention of the Senior Technical Advisor in a timely manner.
2. Internal Responsibilities:
- The TO supports the functioning of MSH Nigeria through the following:
- Providing support to Technical Advisors and other staff on integrating clients’ needs for institutional capacity building into project work plans and budget projections.
- Drafting internal reports and/or communications as needed.
- Submitting requests for contracts or STTA, and all administrative items (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, travel requests), in a timely manner.
- Making the Senior Technical Advisor aware of opportunities to expand MSH Nigeria’s impact through new client engagement.
- Develop and implement vision, strategies, and tactics for MSH's e-Health business.
- Maintain a clear, in depth knowledge of market needs, opportunities, competitive strategies and MSH clients' needs.
- Lead the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementation of e-Health objectives that support the MSH’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s strategic direction in relation to e- health by working across sector teams to advocate for e-health programs, providing information and technical support.
- Work with ICT4D manager to develop partnerships with PLAN-Health client organisations to facilitate the use of ICTs in program activities.
- Facilitate effective training for client organisations on the use of e-health applications and other service improvement services.
- Graduate degree in international public health, international development, public policy, public administration, management, social sciences or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of public health policy formulation, diffusion and utilization in Nigeria
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building /organizational development for civil society organizations and public sector institutions working in the country
- Knowledge of the dynamics of health and multi sector response to HIV and AIDS in the country
- Experience working with health related public sector institutions and those that coordinate HIV/AIDS programs in the country.
- Key attributes include professional and positive approach, self motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative and able to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated executive level oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including knowledge such Proj mgt, MIS with indepth skills in MS Office applications.
- Practical experience of eHealth, mHealth solutions - such as OpenMRS,DHIS2.0, MedicMobile,Commcare, RapidSMS, etc
- 3 years plus of experience in the e-Health field, including needs and market assessments of wired and wireless technologies.
- A solid understanding of the e-Health market including trends, technologies, products and influencers.
- Understanding of the National e-health framework
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
- Proven programmatic, technical, and managerial ability and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGOs.
- Strong facilitation skills; verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to produce results in diverse cultural, social, and language contexts.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly and potentially outside Nigeria, as required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.