Post title: Assistant Administrative/Programme Officer
Position number: 10015252
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duration of contract: One year with possibility of renewal
Deadline for application: 31st October 2013
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting: 01 January 2013
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Representative, the incumbent will provide technical assistance to the Representative in the execution of
Administrative and Programme functions. The incumbent is required to have basic conceptual knowledge of the profession, be dynamic and
able to take on higher responsibility progressively. In performing his/her functions, the incumbent will also refer to official UN and UNHCR manuals and guidelines. Upon receiving instructions from the
supervisor, the s/m may also coordinate with the government counterpart and partners on the implementation of UNHCR projects.
1. Provide administrative support, brief staff on general administrative matters, and attend UN security meeting, as required.
2. Assists in financial management of administrative budget and project funds.
3. Reviews implementing partners' budget proposals to ensure that budgets are in line with financial requirements of UNHCR sub-project and develops project budget;
4. Facilitate the disbursement of project funds, controlling UNHCR direct project expenditure and financial monitoring of implementing partners accounts;
5. Assist in monitoring of assistance programmes, ensuring proper implementation; -
6. Draft project/programme reports, activities and budget requirements for the planning of the country operations plan and
submission to Headquarters;
7. Carries out specific administrative operations control tasks for project/programme activities;
8. Undertakes other duties as required
* University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or other related fields;
* Minimum 2 years of relevant professional job experience;
* Proficiency in English and another relevant UN language
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
* Knowledge and working experience of MSRP HR. Finance and EPM Budget applications.
* Familiarity with FOCUS.
* Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
* Knowledge of UN/UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
* Knowledge ofthe local language(s}.
* Communication skills
Applications must include:
- A handwritten application letter and a resume as detailed as possible, with an email address;
- Photocopies of diplomas or certificates;
- Copies of work certificates justifying professional experience;
- For UN staff: an updated Personal History form (P11) and the two latest performance evaluation reports (e-PAD).
Send your applications to the below address before the closing date under confidential cover clearly indicating the vacancy notice number and "AssistantAdministrative/Programme Officer" to:
The UNHCR Representation to Nigeria & ECOWAS
61, Josi Marti Crescent,
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not submit originals documents as applications files will not be returned.