Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is working in partnership with Excellence Community Education Welfare
Scheme (ECEWS) to implement a five year PEPFAR funded CDC corporate agreement award that will support the Nigerian Federal and States MOH to implement a comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment program named " Local Capacity Enhancement Project" (LOCATE) in Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States.
To this end, Jhpiego is seeking to employ a proficient Clinical/PMTCT Advisor.
The Advisor under the technical guidance of Jhpiego team will be based in Enugu and will work with other LOCATE team members to provide programmatic and technical leadership with managerial oversight to the entire project with a full responsibility to the PMTCT component of the program across the three project states. S/He will work closely with the other
advisors and specialists in the project: lab systems, clinical and care, community support TB Advisors and program implementation team to ensure that necessary project planning and development, resource availability and implementation of project activities function smoothly and efficiently. Ensuring all the PMTCT activities are implemented timely as planned, results and targets achieved and report timely collated and reported to all the necessary stakeholders as directed.
• Advanced medical, nursing or midwifery degree is highly desirable
• A minimum of 5-7 years' of working experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in HIV/AIDS programming
• Strong decision making skills and results oriented approach
• Significant experience in HIV/AIDS Programmes with a focus on PMTCT /HeT in resource poor settings
• Experience managing and supervising technical/facility staff
• Past working experience in HIV / AIDS programs supported by international agencies like USAID,CDC,WHO and World Bank particularly in the area of PMTCT projects is highly desirable
• Willingness to travel within Nigeria (up to 40% within)
Knowledge: (functional or technical)
• Donor funded program management experience
• Proficient training experience with medical, nursing and midwifery institutions
• Computer skills demonstrating competency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, MSWord and Power Point
• Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups
Abilities/Skills: (action, i.e., negotiates, manage, exercise independent judgment, act as technical advisor, network, train, etc.)
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program direction or results
• Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, both domestically and internationally.
• Experience working in cooperation with colleagues who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
• Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
• Fluency in English ,ability to speak Igbo language will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should apply within one week from the date of publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Send your application and CV as one single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org