If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of:
- Obtain mandates for all accounts opened at the branches weekly and from account services daily in line with SLA
- Ensure distinct files are maintained for branch and Accts Services File submission and database maintained on the system
- Compare receipt from branches to system reports and generate an exception report which must be circulated periodically
- Liaise with branches to ensure mandates are forwarded weekly
- Keep adequate records of all mandates received, ensure all mandates have checklist which itemizes file contents and register every mandate received
- To monitor account opening at the branches and ensure that reports of any outstanding are sent to the branches daily
- Coordinate and maintain document deficiency and put in place a tracking and escalation mechanism that advises and ensure branches update customer records
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure customer mandates are kept in a secure, clean and organized environment
- Manage document retrieval process efficiently in line with established standards.
- Services and well-controlled operations are provided to both internal and external customers in the areas of customer a/c maintenance, documentation, mandate management and card production.
- Ensure the branch/Accts Services process is smooth and efficient
- Ensure adequate KYC and AML measures are deployed in line with the Group and Regulatory requirements
- To ensure workflow is reviewed periodically to improve efficiency and control.
- To provide guidance to operational staff in the form of up-to-date procedures/user guides.
Qualifications & Skills
- University Degree and 2 years experience in relevant field.
- A broad and in-depth knowledge of banking practices with relevant working experience in account opening unit
- A good working knowledge of risk management.
- Must be customer-oriented, as a primary responsibility is to ensure that the unit provides a high standard of customer service.
- Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Microsoft skills – Spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good organization skills
go to method of application »
- Establish and Manage the department's filing system
- Act as Secretary for the department’s meetings
- Assist CCRO with administrative efficiency in the department
- Assist CCRO with Personal Policy Implementation
- Assist with the collation of risk data and risk reports
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Act as Liaison Officer with Global Sourcing
- Provide secretarial support at various Risk Management meetings
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintains division's correspondence file
- Receive all mails, time stamp and distribute as appropriate
- Arrange all internal and external meetings for CCRO
- Custodian of all CCRO files
- Follow up on action points agreed at meetings
- Ensure all deadlines are met and escalate exceptions
- Maintain service metrics and performance in the division
- Maintain file movement register
- Collate and manage the leave plan and handover process
- Ensure Job objective and description are completely filed
- Any other assignment assigned by the CCRO
- Drive the full implementation of agreed training plans
- Undertake relevant project implementation review as indicated by the CCRO
- Co-ordinate Notices / Logistics for all Risk Management Meetings
- Ensure deliverables for CCRO for Management meetings
- Record keeping and Audit trail
Qualifications & Skills
- University Degree with at least 3 years experience in a medium sized organisation
- General high level of computer literacy (proficient in use of MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Business Writing skills
- Ability to use own initiatives
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Personal organization
- Basic knowledge/understanding of credit and/or operational risk management will be an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria - SCB and click Search, then click Personal Assistant
Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria - SCB and click Search, then click Account Service Officer