Microsoft Nigeria - If you have unique experiences, skills and passions and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
Microsoft IT is for those IT professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft's products and services. Microsoft IT provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other IT organizations, Microsoft IT employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
Microsoft Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
The Corporate Account Manager (AM) role adds value to Microsoft by delivering a well-managed, profitable and growing business produced through relationship excellence and sales excellence practices where the customer views the AM as trusted advisor.
The success of the business is measured in the following ways:
- An expanding footprint in accounts through year-over-year percentage increase in customer addressable revenue (AR).
- Account growth through increased signed EA renewal rates and net-new opportunity revenue while meeting annual revenue targets.
- Year-over-year growing integration of partners and services in key wins.
- Year-over-year increase in customer satisfaction as measured by Relationship Management scores.
- Reciprocal Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) in place for each account that meet quality standards defined by Sales management and included as part of a comprehensive up-to-date account plan.
- Business value discussed in every discussion and every proposal with the customer.
- The customer is current on the installation and use of current products available through the EA or SA. and realizes the value of new capabilities aligned to the Microsoft roadmap
What deliverables does the Corporate AM produce that add value to Microsoft?
The Corporate AM role adds value by producing
- Customers with realized value from the MSFT platform through acquisition and deployment of the solutions they buy
- Strong and deepening customer relationships
- Strategic, effective and actionable account plans
- Well developed opportunities leading to a healthy pipeline producing wins that meet or exceed quota
- High performing account teams through effective AM coaching and leadership
How is the Corporate AM role unique from other Account Manager roles?
The Corporate AM role is unique in the following ways:
- Capability to develop and provide value to CIO and LOB director relationships.
- Scale through partners and extended teams.
- Sales cycles generally up to 12 - 24 months.
- Greater degree of industry versatility (more generalist knowledge required)
- Sales engagements can cross-sectors and verticals with various agreements, different product set, competition, pricing, etc. (Example: Academic opportunities and accts).
- Sales Collaboration required for corporate accounts that are downstream to a Major multinational or Global HQ.
- Greater territory element to account management.
- Account long term potential (LTP)-minimum $1M annual (for Mature) and minimum of $500K (for Emerging).
- Provides coaching to peer account managers.
- Account ratio 1:10 (on average).
What are the key initiatives and challenges facing the Corporate AM role over the next 6 months to 3 years?
The key initiatives and challenges facing the Corporate AM role are:
- A greater understanding of the competitive landscape in the customer base as customers are looking for ways to cut cost out of their business model.
- A more in-depth focus on industry or vertical solutions to meet customer needs, and the business value proposition that Microsoft offers in helping customer’s meet their challenges and business opportunities.
- A deeper understanding of what’s going on in the marketplace and an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s industry and core business process across the customer base.
- Effective ways to sell with an understanding of current economic/market conditions through creative deal structuring, creative terms, value propositions, etc., that demonstrates to customers how Microsoft can save them money and get the most value of their investment.
- Ensure MSFT retains and grows the number of customers in annuity-based agreements in current economic/market conditions.
- Experience: 5-8 years of related experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree / MBA/Master’s Degree
- Professional Training and Certification: Sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, TAS - Target Account Selling, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications, business process consulting or automation, CRM (Siebel or other), industry-specific certifications if applicable).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online: