Business Development Manager at Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND)
Posted on: 12 October, 2017
Deadline: 31 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Partnership Initiatives in the Ni
Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a foundation established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organisations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organisations and interests.
- The position holder will improve the organisation's market position and achieve financial growth.
- S/he defines long-term organisational business goals, builds key relationships, identifies and develops business opportunities, negotiates and closes funding/grant opportunities.
- S/he will be profit-oriented and will possess extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities focusing on income generation from economic development services
- Research and approach private foundations & trusts, development organisations, multinationals, government agencies and other bodies to explore funding/grant opportunities
- Assist programme managers to develop business relationships with potential funding agencies, corporate partners, community organisations and other relevant stakeholders with a focus on organisational sustainability.
- Leverage the key assets and core capabilities of the Economic Development Centres in marketing and fundraising for the foundation
- Deploy knowledge of the development market place and competition, in identifying and developing the foundation’s unique selling points and differentiators.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, road shows and other options that project compelling business value for identified services to potential clients.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or management.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any relevant field of study. A higher Degree in a related field will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Ability to market and sell the services of a non-profit organisation.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Sound understanding of business development, including sales, marketing and project management principles
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good networking, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good proposal writing skills
- Personal effectiveness and team building skills
- Excellent relationship management skills with client focus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and capacity to make rational decisions
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application and CV’s to: email@example.com with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND)Similar Jobs
- GHSC-PSM Procurement Advisor at Chemonics International
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- MEAL Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Jobs at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Final Evaluation Consultant at Search for Common Ground
- Area Manager at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Finance Manager at Street Child Nigeria