Business Development Manager at Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND)
Posted on: 12 October, 2017
Deadline: 31 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Partnership Initiatives in the Ni
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a foundation established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organisations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organisations and interests.
- The position holder will improve the organisation's market position and achieve financial growth.
- S/he defines long-term organisational business goals, builds key relationships, identifies and develops business opportunities, negotiates and closes funding/grant opportunities.
- S/he will be profit-oriented and will possess extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities focusing on income generation from economic development services
- Research and approach private foundations & trusts, development organisations, multinationals, government agencies and other bodies to explore funding/grant opportunities
- Assist programme managers to develop business relationships with potential funding agencies, corporate partners, community organisations and other relevant stakeholders with a focus on organisational sustainability.
- Leverage the key assets and core capabilities of the Economic Development Centres in marketing and fundraising for the foundation
- Deploy knowledge of the development market place and competition, in identifying and developing the foundation’s unique selling points and differentiators.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, road shows and other options that project compelling business value for identified services to potential clients.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or management.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any relevant field of study. A higher Degree in a related field will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Ability to market and sell the services of a non-profit organisation.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Sound understanding of business development, including sales, marketing and project management principles
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good networking, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good proposal writing skills
- Personal effectiveness and team building skills
- Excellent relationship management skills with client focus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and capacity to make rational decisions
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Application and CV’s to: email@example.com with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND)Similar Jobs
- Website Developer at DASH Africa
- WASH Coordinator at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Consultant, Women's Economic Empowerment at UN Women
- Deputy Director Operations, Lake Chad Basin at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Finance Analyst at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Interpreter at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Job Openings at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Qualitative Research Specialist at Girl Effect Nigeria