If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
Our client, is a Global Package Service Company.
- The Logistics and distribution managers shall be responsible for organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- In this role he/she will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Incumbent shall also be involve in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordination of products
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Job Specific Competencies
Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge:
- Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit;
- Demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the company's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions across multiple business units; develops strategies for cross-portfolio selling opportunities; applies knowledge of the operations and markets served by multiple business units and relevant business cycles such as seasonal trends; adapts explanations of the company's products, services, and/or customer facing technology solutions to varying situations, audiences, or customers.
Assesses Business Needs:
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Monitors the business need to identify any changes; breaks the business down into smaller components to better prioritize where attention should be focused; identifies related business needs; knowledgeable about what information to look at to make an assessment; demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business’ long-term needs; creates solutions designed to fit current and future needs.
- Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan.
- Creates new budgets; identifies and takes corrective actions to bring areas in line with budget; appropriately allocates available funds.
Supply Chain Management:
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Maintains strategic relationships with vendor leadership; reviews and selects vendors for contracts; creates vendor contracts; identifies and resolves vendor or contract issues; recommends changes to the procurement process.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Develops plans that balance details and the “big picture”; adapts the level of detail required for a given audience and the purpose; completes work with thoroughness; maintains records and information in an organized manner; audits available information for inconsistencies; maintains documentation that support the completion of work and retention of details/decisions.
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects as well as basic programs;
- Defines most of the initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations on best way to fulfill the project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics;
- Overcomes basic organizational resistance to cross-functional demands; demonstrates ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and remains current on project management practices and tools.
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for the most complex and longer duration projects and programs;
- Defines initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations and facilitates fulfillment of all project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics;
- Overcomes complex organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; considered an expert in the discipline of project management and remains current on advanced project management practices and tools.
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- Able to design new report generation processes; identifies emerging trends that impact information retrieval and reporting;
- Develops standards for report generation, maintenance, and distribution; writes highly complex queries to generate ad- hoc, customized reports; creates templates for standardized report creation; writes macros to automate queries.
Solicits and Gathers Information:
- Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience;
- Chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas.
- Uses multiple information gathering techniques to gain cooperation from sources initially unwilling to provide information; varies methods of information gathering as unexpected events occur or unanticipated information is uncovered; interprets no-verbal cues that may be inhibiting information gathering;
- Establishes procedures or methods for gathering and soliciting information.
- A Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain or any relevant course.
- 8 - 10 years work experience is required.
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Language Proficiency: English language speaking and writing proficiency is required.
- In-depth knowledge of sales principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to the courier industry in Nigeria is required.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
go to method of application »
Our client is an indigenous pipeline and process engineering firm.
ocation: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The General Manager Administration will be responsible to provide administrative support, directions, guidance and enforce compliance to all Managers.
- Increases management's effectiveness by ; selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds the company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure provision of adequate office utilities, logistics arrangements, facilities maintenance
Other Detailed Responsibilities:
- Plan and organise general staff meetings with suitable action, conduct of timely meetings, vendor Management, issuing of necessary Orders, Circulars and Notices. This includes preparation of Agenda for timely conduct of Board Meetings, Audit Committee Meeting, and annual General Meeting of the Shareholders etc. Compilation of Minutes and its circulation for approval and further necessary action.
- Preparation of Annual Action Plan with Physical and Financial targets specifying tasks, timelines, procedures, budget allocation and outcomes.
- Establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Maintenance of Company Records (Certificate of Incorporation, MOA, AOA, Share Certificates, Board Meeting Minutes), chronological records with segregation and grading of top priority correspondences, Classification of Files, Documentation, Archives etc.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Liaison with Governmental Departments and Ministry for the compilation, circulation and dissemination of required information.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Raises printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analysing variances.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Direct distribution centre operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Develop a data base of all logistics equipment with dates of purchase, chassis number, insurance, warrantees etc
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers, labour representatives, and safety inspectors.
- Write and revise safety regulations and codes.
- Compile, analyse, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Plan and conduct industrial hygiene research.
- Check floors of plants to ensure that they are strong enough to support heavy machinery.
- First University Degree in Business Administration.
- MBA or Second Degree will be an added advantage.
Required Experience :
- 13 - 20 years administration experience preferably in oil and gas sector
Specific Skills/ Knowledge Required:
- Accounting skills
- Analytical skills
- People management
- Administrative skills
- Internal control
- Credit control management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding socio-political environs
- Relationship building skills
- Drive, motivational and leadership skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.