HT-Limited is Business Management Consulting firm, offering support in business development, human resources management and administration.
HT-Limited is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management in Nigeria, with offices in Lagos, Nigeria and Accra, Ghana. We provide customized HR consulting solutions for employers looking to reduce risks and overhead costs, so more time can be spent on revenue generating activities.
Our client is a company in the Oil and Gas Industry
Job Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor/Head of Department)
Aim of the job:
To ensure the preparation and performance of (periodic) electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, emergency and preventive maintenance work on buildings, installations, and equipment so that the continuity of the operational processes remains guaranteed. Managing and supervising fitters (own staff as well as those of third parties).
Result Areas (Responsibilities):
- Maintenance strategy
- Drawing up (long-term) annual plans for technical maintenance repairs and modifications to buildings, installations and equipment at several locations. To ensure that the technical operating resources remain in a good condition.
- Draws up (long-term) plans, including budgets and priorities as well as planning schedules.
- Makes preparations for the maintenance work in order for it to be performed efficiently and safely.
- Draws up associated work permits, modification requests including budgets and consults with the Operations Manager with regard to priorities.
- Draws up work instructions and undertakes or arranges for task risk analyses to be undertaken in conjunction with the HSE Manager, Operations Supervisor and contractors.
- Supervises the performance of maintenance work so that orders are performed on time and in accordance with the required specifications.
- Monitors budgets, notifies potential areas whereby the budget may be exceeded and reports this to his line Manager.
- Ensures that safety, environmental and quality requirements are observed.
- Development of Company’s buildings & installations
- Makes improvement proposals with regard to maintenance, modifications, and upgrades to buildings, installations and equipment in order to guarantee the quality, functionality and production process. This is undertaken on the basis of the current condition of buildings, installations, and equipment as well as on the basis of developments in the field.
- Executes projects on the orders of the Operation Manager and/or participates in a project team under the leadership of the Operations Manager.
- Prepares work, requests quotes and evaluates these in terms of price, time and quality.
- Supervises the execution of projects and monitors progress from a quality and financial point of view.
- Identifies anomalies and discusses these with the client, project team and contractors.
Validation of work undertaken
- Validates and accounts for work undertaken in hours spent and materials.
- Coordinates with the Field Engineer with regard to updating the computerized maintenance administration system and is responsible for archiving relevant information, drawings, fault forms, order forms, etc.
- Giving directions and instructions and transferring knowledge and understanding to the field engineer and third party fitters.
- Discusses and explains bottlenecks and anomalies with Ops Manager and contractors.
- 5 to 7 years cognate experience
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive management experience
- Experience in the Gas industry is a priority
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below