VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most dynamic IT sales organizations in the South Africa. The Territory Manager (TM) will manage a business based in Cape Town, but with responsibilities for the South Africa coastal region. The individual’s focus will be to develop business, within the top tier of customers, and leverage channel partners to support across the territory. A quota for the territory will be carried and the TM will work with the appropriate support structures both locally and internationally to achieve this goal. The TM will, therefore, be responsible for forecasting, closing and increasing revenue pipeline from their territory.
- Develop and lead the “go to market” plan for the designated territory. This plan will include: activity prioritisation, defining of key focus accounts, qualifying and agreeing a key short list of key partners to maximise territory sales coverage (Distribution, Reseller, OEM, ISV, SI/SO), agreeing joint go to market plans with such partners.
- Liaise closely with channel and marketing teams to maximize territory coverage and create demand within the territory.
- Own and exceed the territory revenue quota including accurately forecasting to closure of sales within the defined territory. Provide forecasting and update account/opportunity detail in Salesforce.com
- Engage directly with the end customer during the buying cycle as required and appropriate (depending on opportunity size or strategic importance). Understanding and establishing relationships with key contacts within customers and partners
- Identify new business drivers that drive transactional territory business
- Able to sell VMware solution as a ‘platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a ‘cost burden’ to a strategic deployment
- Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Successful, proven sales background with solid experience in infrastructure, services or software sales essential
- The Territory Manager needs to have very good knowledge of the IT ecosystem
- Solid end user field sales experience into commercial customers
- Strong technical and business acumen, ability to engage at architecture and CxO level
- Strong track record of exceeding sales objectives and targets
- Experience and knowledge of working with channel partners. Ideally includes established relationships that can assist you in quickly developing your territory
- Experience of working remotely, and proven ability to matrix manage resources in the field and at regional offices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both
technical and executive audiences
- Ability to maintain high sales activity levels. Adept in managing many opportunities simultaneously,
high energy, motivated self-starter
- Ability to forecast accurately to closure
- Great relationship skills, tenacity, brand, resilience and inter-personal/presentation skills
- Educated to Bachelor degree standard is a benefit but can be replaced by sufficient working experience
Ad hoc information:
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
Interested applicants should Click here to Apply