If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job Number: 507885
Location: Jos, Plateau
Work Type: Consultancy
- The purpose of this consultancy is to support the implementation of child protection monitoring and evaluation system and the establishment and roll out of the child protection management information system in four states in Nigeria.
Activities and Tasks
- To be based in Jos, Plateau, the National Consultant for Child Protection Information Management will provide technical support to strengthen the child protection information management system. This, in turn will help improve effective and timely case management services to children in development sector.
- Capacity Building on CPIMS for State Actors and monthly data collection.
- Identify the linkage between CPIMS tools and database used for Emergency Response in the North East and find possible ways of adapting to /deployment to the development context.
- Support deployment/configuration of CPIMS+ and provide technical support to new users
Develop new tools and documents, including:
- Training materials for the CPIMS+ module
- Tools for CPIMS+ capacity development, including those that can support self-guided learning;
- Documents and infographics to be used for CPIMS+ advocacy.
- Document lessons learnt for the effective integration and deployment of CPIMS+ to assist case management system and digitalization case management records.
- In collaboration with UNICEF Case Management Consultants, develop guidance, tools and module as well as provide technical support to digitize CPIMS data collection and information processing systems used in the pilot states
- Work closely with CPCM and implementing partners’ staff to train state actors on CPIMS+ database and provide technical guidance for the implementation of CPIMS with focal ministries.
- Engage and build working relationships with a broad range of partners including CPN, Orphanages/Shelters, INGOs, relevant governments and education and health partners.
- Support the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development to bring together CP state partners for regular coordination to strengthening child protection information management through data collection, analysis and use in the four pilot states.
- Package of standardized CPIMS data collection tools attached to the CP case management state tools by December 2017
- CPIMS training modules by January 2018
- Trainings conducted for all LGAs by February 2018
- Documented indicators and tools for CPIMS database modification to development context by February 2018
- CPIMS+ Database deployed and Child protection management information system operational at focus LGA and State level by March 2018
- Child protection management information systems training module developed and delivered in the four focus States by February 2018
- 2 quarterly refresher trainings delivered to partners by March 2018
- 5 monthly Factsheet produced on child protection cases reported and handled (and outcomes of the cases) disaggregated by type of case, gender, location and outcome
- 5 monthly progress reports
- Final report by March 2018
- Agreed activities properly documented with activity reports, minutes from meetings and other relevant documentation and submitted to the Child Protection Specialist within one week of taking place.
- Administrative/financial documents related to the activities submitted to UNICEF within one week of activity taking place.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required
- University Degree in Social Science, Statistics or related field
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience with management information systems and/or M&E systems
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Experience of designing and delivering training on management information systems or M&E
- Excellent knowledge of the latest development in the field of monitoring and evaluation within social science sector
- Familiarity with child protection and the systems strengthening approach would be beneficial
- Experience of working on monitoring and evaluation or management information systems within the public sector
- Experience of undertaking assessments of management information systems
Estimated time of consultancy and deadline for submission of end product:
go to method of application »
Purpose of the Assignment
- The consultant will edit content and copy of multiple reports to strengthen their clarity and technical quality, highlighting their key findings and recommendations where applicable.
- The consultant will, based on the revised reports, prepare advocacy briefs for selected reports to ensure policy-makers and development partners will have access to the reports’ key findings and recommendations.
- SBMC effectiveness monitoring report
- FTTSS follow up operational research
- IQS interim survey report
- IQS Institutional Assessment Report
- Enrolment drive validation report
- Political Economy Analysis
- SBMC review report
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Communication, Journalism, International Policy or a related field
- Eight years’ experience as a writer/editor of high quality international standard
- Demonstrated ability to write/edit in a minimum time without losing the essentials of meaning and objectives of the materials
- Previous experience of writing about international development and humanitarian issues (Previous work experience with UNICEF or the UN an advantage)
- Excellent level of written English
- Experience working in Nigeria, and knowledge of development and humanitarian landscape in the country and advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.