Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Family: Programme
Reports to: Deputy Programme Coordinator
Staff Reporting to this post: Data Entry Assistant
Band: C2 National
Duration: Three (3) months contract with possibility of extension
- To improve the quality of programme learning through the use of creative products, accessible processes, and effective systems. Ensure learning is not lost and is used to adapt programmes
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications
- Must be available and willing to commence work immediately.
Applicants should send their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: email@example.com with the position, title and location as the subject of your email.
Note: Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
go to method of application »
Duration: 12 months with a possibility to extend
- An exciting new Security Manager position with Oxfam responsible for implementing all policies and procedures regarding security & safety and promoting its day to day management for Oxfam in Nigeria.
- Report, analyse and communicate current socio-political context and the security situation and the wider context (country, region, global trends as applicable).
- Develop incident reporting system and ensuring that the incident register is updated regularly.
- Undertake regular and ad hoc security assessment missions as necessary, to gather information and to analyse the overall security situation in existing and potential areas of Oxfam intervention.
- Conduct ongoing threat assessments and compile daily/weekly situation reports/monthly security analysis and ensures that the information is shared on a timely manner.
Security Management and Support:
- Design/update reliable safety and Security Management System/Standard Operating Plans/Contingency Plans
- Manage the implementation of a comprehensive security and business continuity management system taking cognisance of the evolution of situations.
- Ensure that all safety and security management systems are in line with existing Oxfam security policy, protocol and approach
- Plan and implement risks mitigation strategies (acceptance, deterrence, protection) to improve safety and security.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security systems are in place to provide timely and accurate security information to all staff members and visitors.
- Lead incident management, lessons learnt and any follow up actions/ changes to procedures.
- Provide crisis management support (evacuation and hibernation) as required.
- Identify organisational training safety and security training needs and coordinates required trainings for staff, security officers and third-party security personnel.
- Ensure that there is system in place to enhance security skills and awareness that are required for effectiveness especially in areas of accident prevention, safety, health and occupational hazards by planning and facilitate appropriate learning and development opportunities.
- Provide support to partners in developing their security guidelines and promoting a security culture.
- Promote and encourage a safe and environmentally sound culture
- Build and maintain close contacts with all relevant stakeholders to gather reliable security information, facilitate the sharing of best practices and the adoption of an integrated approach where possible.
- Attend security & emergency related briefings and meetings and share security related information with third party security and risk management service providers.
- Collaborate with country office, field Office and field operations team to determine and address security issues in the field as they arise
- University degree in in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ INGO/UN safety and risks management experience and proven leadership experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
- Experience in liaising with communities, civilians, police and/or military government authorities as well as with regional institutions preferred.
- Experience in humanitarian operations, preferably within the field of information management as related to security management and operational planning
- Proven experience of capacity building and field based trainings.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities; ability to advice in a consultative manner.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Successful demonstration of sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work with a diverse set of staff at different levels within the organisation
- Strong report writing, analytical skills with good usage of computers and office software packages (Ms. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Willingness to travel at short notice, and often in difficult circumstances.
What We Offer
- Oxfam (Novib) is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2,962.- to € 4,557- gross (a hypotax will be deducted) based on 40 hours a week.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Information Management and Knowledge Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security Manager