Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We works in 94 countries around the world to support over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Leader/ Project Manager (M/W) will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure coordination & activities of GSK and SAFPAC projects and ensure quality implementation of the SR program, monitoring and evaluation of sexual and reproductive health activities in the HFs supported.
- Coordinate project team planning activities, including the development of annual, semi-annual and quarterly work plans.
- Coordinate the planning of training activities, supervision of HFs and monitoring of training providers.
- Ensure that data from clinical and community engagement activities are collected and analyzed both at the HFs and District levels on a monthly basis for decision making.
- Ensure that all toots are available In HFs and community facilitators and are used.
- Ensure that the two assistants under his/her supervisions have the correct tools and have also receive the guidance for their proper use.
- Work with the District Health Team, to ensure that the HFs supported in two projects have the necessary stocks to provide quality services.
- Conduct supervisory visits to HFs activities and community facilitators and share recommendations with providers, community facilitators and its two assistants, in every three months.
- Develop both the expenditure and procurement plans and submit it to his/her hierarchy for approval and validation.
- Work with the teem to estimate the training needs of the community heath providers and facilitators, propose a budget for its activities and facilitate the organization at training sessions for providers.
- Contribute to the preparations of assessment and monitoring missions.
- Submit monthly Clinical and Community Engagement data bases to SR Regional Focal Point with copy to SR Global team and CARE Mission.
- Work closely with his/her two Assistants to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Prepare quality reports of his/her activities within the allotted time and submit it to the hierarchy.
- Ensure that the best practices identified during the analysis of the results, supervisory and exchange of meetings, are disseminated and applied in all the HFs supported.
- Maintain good relations with District and Health Region Officials.
- Attend District and Health Region meetings and represent CARE effectively.
- Participate in the identification and development of new projects with his/her hierarchy.
In terms of Finance and Logistics:
- Develop spending and procurement plans.
- Analyze budgetary monitoring and contribute to the preparation of financial reports.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure that it complies with current procedures.
- Ensure proper management of project equipment and gear.
- Medical Doctor, Nurse or Midwife.
- Postgraduate training in Public Health is an asset (University Postgraduate training Degree or Public Health).
- Training in DMU/SRI SONU, Family Planning and Post-Abortion Care is an asset.
- Training in project planning, monitoring and evaluation is also an asset.
- 5-7 years experience in clinical medical practice.
- Proficiency in the country's health system.
- Previous experiences both in reproductive health and supporting health structures are assets.
- Experience working for refugees and/or displaced populations in an international NGO is desirable.
- Mastery of national R & D policy and the following computer tools; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- Ability to conduct training sessions, provide formative supervision, monitoring, evaluation of medical activities.
- Ability to analyze data to formulate relevant recommendations, write quality reports in French and submit them on time.
- Disciplined, organized, respecting deadlines, adapting to a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect CARE's Core values and gender.
go to method of application »
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the supervision of the SRH Protect Manager, the Assistant (H/F) in charge of Community Involvement will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and ensure quality implementation of community dialogue and communication activities for behavioral change in the community in collaboration with community partners.
- Together with key stakeholders in the community identify potentially changeable health behaviors and practices, barriers to the use of family planning services and post-abortion care and develop strategies and approaches to overcome barriers and increase demand.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the business and work plan and ensure the quality of implementation.
- Support community partners on the use of data collection tools to evaluate program outcomes.
- Advocate with local partners to implement strategies to reach all levels and categories of the population.
- Establish a Community Facilitators’ Committee around each supported health facility to ensure community dialogue sessions and clients referrals.
- Identify the needs of the community partners and provide them with the necessary technical and material assistance.
- Work closely with the project leader to identify and integrate the best approaches to project implementation.
- Ensure the regular collection of data from the community dialogue activities of tire community partner compile and analyze the data collected in order to make recommendations to the site project manager.
- Prepare reports of quality activities within the time limit.
- With the Health District team, provide monthly supervision of community facilitators and monitoring of their skills.
- Ensure that the best practices identified during the analysis of the results, during the supervision and exchange meetings are disseminated and applied by all the community partners.
- Ensure that community facilitators follow-up clients on short- term methods.
- Ensure that health providers and community facilitators conduct monthly data analysis meetings and participate in them.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of the social analysis anti action and to the follow-up of the changes occurring in the community due to the impact of the project.
- Contribute to the development of selection criteria for facilitators and community partners to work with.
- Contribute to the preparation of training sessions for community facilitators.
- Organize exchange and experience-sharing meetings with community facilitators during quarterly reviews of activities.
- Ensure that the necessary information is collected, analyzed and used in the management and planning of community engagement activities.
- Education equivalent to at least B.Sc. + 3 in Health Sciences, Sociology, Social Communication or Management.
- Communicating training is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in planning and implementing communication programs for behavioral change.
- Experience working with international organization would be a major asset.
- Experience in a health project especially sexual and reproductive health is an international NGO is also an asset.
- Familiarity with the working environment and the partnership between the Ministry of Health and National Health Programs.
- Previous experience in social mobilization and facilitation of training sessions.
- Working experience for refugees and/or displaced populations in an emergency context is desirable.
- Knowledge of the health system and ability to facilitate a training session and/or a dialogue session.
- Mastery of the following computer tools: Words, Excel, PowerPoint, internet (Required).
- Ability to provide formative supervision, monitoring and evaluation of community engagement activities.
- Ability to ensure quality data collection, compile and analyze to formulate relevant recommendations.
- Ability to write quality reports in French and submit them on time.
- Disciplined, honest, organized, respectful of deadlines, adapting in a multicultural work environment, tolerance, respect for CARE's core values and gender.
- Know how to ride a motorcycle over long distances and good interpersonal relations.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications and detailed CV's electronically to: email@example.com
Candidates in and around Maiduguri can submit their applications and CV's to:
289 Amolai Road,
- Care encourage women candidate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted