Fresh Jobs at Workforce Group
Posted on: 12 October, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Workforce Management Centre
Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm.
Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organisational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
The Head of Laboratory is responsible for the management of all laboratory operations to support quality control and ensure supplies received and distributed are of the right specification. Candidate must comply with statutory requirement and ensure the use of standard test procedures for accuracy.
- Manage all activities of the laboratory
- Develop and implement quality assessment plan
- Conversant with handling, testing, storage and distribution of various petroleum fuel
- Ensure all statutory test analysis are carried out within the stipulated time frames.
- Drive reduction in turnaround time without compromising test quality
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all laboratory testing and analysis
- Initiate, supervise and manage Quality Control and Assurance processes across the company facilities for Fuels and Aviation Terminals
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Ensure that all products received meet local and international specifications; undertake quality checks and prepare release and other appropriate documentation and reports
- Liaise with third party inspectors and regulatory authorities on product recertification
- Provide laboratory testing support for use in the resolution of customer complains and in providing after sales support customer
- Monitor proposed related legislations and regulations and provide advice on implication to business operations and objectives.
- Create and strengthen awareness of quality issues across all departments
- Lead and manage the laboratory team and its activities
- Facilitate team development; manage performance
- Perform other duties assigned
- Liaise and co-operate with quality management and standard bodies (e.g. SON, DPR, FMEnv and other Government agencies etc)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies of the industry in review, amendments etc of Nigeria Industrial Standards on products and services including but not limited to fuels
- Monitor and ensure compliance with safe work practices and standards.
- Ensures all laboratory personnel adhere strictly to company’s HSE policy
- Manage effluent waste handling, testing and evacuation where necessary
- Must be Lagos Resident or willing to relocate to Lagos
- Minimum of 5 years working petroleum testing, laboratory expereince in an oil and gas company
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques; test and sampling procedures; handling and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of various petroleum products and their characteristics; ability to interpret results of petroleum analysis
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Laboratory Safety Practices
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team work
- Analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Managerial skills
- Relationship Management
go to method of application »
- Accountable for managing and executing procurement activities for ingredients, finished products and packaging originating in Nigeria , in coordination and aligned with central procurement function.
- Implement the organisation’s sourcing strategies
- Ensure timely delivery/performance of contracts
- Discover and initiate business and organization partnerships for current and potential local ingredients, finished products and packaging.
- Localisation opportunities for imported ingredients, finished products and packaging
- Developing strategic partnerships with local suppliers to move forward on the localization agenda
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Minimum of B.Sc/B.Tech, MBA will be preferred
- A minimum of 7-9 years of experience in sourcing
- Relevant Experience with a FMCG industry
- Skills and Knowledge required
- Procurement Management
- Supplier Management
- Commercial Understanding
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
Method of Application
Kindly forward your resume to email@example.com with the Email Subject: "Laboratory Manager"
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Workforce Management CentreSimilar Jobs
- Front Desk Officer at MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting
- Job Openings at Platinum Careers
- Current Job Placements at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited
- Job Openings at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Workforce Group
- Jobs at Lorache Limited
- Project Manager at HReade Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Fadac Resources