Project Management and Construction Advisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 11 October, 2017
Deadline: 17 October, 2017
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
- The Senior Project Management Advisor will typically be involved in the execution planning of one or more major capital projects (>500 M$) during Select and Define Stages and may support and monitor several such projects in the Execution phase post Gate 3.
- The role requires a seasoned and experienced project professional who can mentor and train less experienced personnel assigned to the function and to specific projects.
- During the Execution phase, the Advisor will work with project teams to support and validate the use of best practices in project management execution.
- The Advisor will ensure the project team obtains the services needed to achieve overall project objectives and strategies and efficiently executes the project in accordance with expectations.
- The Advisor may also be involved in the execution of general interest activities that may have broad application across all projects (enhancements, staffing studies, Independent Project Review (IPR) Process and Plans, maintenance of selected work process, special studies, etc.).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- During the early stages of a project (Planning for Development, Select and Define Stages), the Advisor will be involved in the development and coordination of project execution plans, bringing in related expertise in other areas of project management such as Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE), regulatory, quality, construction and cost and schedule development as required.
- The Advisor will be involved in the development and coordination of the overall Project Plan with responsibilities for Project Objectives and Strategies, Project Characterization, Roadmap, Organization planning, Key Issues, Interface Management, Lessons Learned, and Management of Change elements as well as business risk analysis and input to concept selection and cost/schedule estimates.
- The Advisor will also lead Front End Execution Planning workshops and associated work programs leading up to Gate 2.
- During the execution phase, the Advisor will support the Project Manager in the implementation of project execution plans as required.
- The Advisor may also have responsibilities in the execution of general interest activities (enhancements, staffing studies, IPR Process and Plans, maintenance of selected work process, special studies, etc.) and is expected to become a subject matter expert in one or more elements of EMCAPS (ExxonMobil Capital Project Management System).
- B.Sc in Engineering
- 20+ years’ experience in major capital projects for the Oil and Gas industry
- At least 10 years’ experience on international projects, with at least two overseas assignments
- Experience in execution of a major capital project, in a management level capacity on the Project Management Team, is preferred
- The candidate must have leadership and personnel management skills, and strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders including operations, co-ventures and host government representatives.
- The candidate must be an effective teacher and mentor, able to share knowledge and experience
- Expert proficiency in most Project Management skills (e.g. execution planning, contracting/procurement, cost estimating, project controls, planning & scheduling, organization design, etc. )
- Experience in one or more technical disciplines (Marine, Facilities, Subsea, Pipelines, Structures, etc.).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- 2018 Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme
- Job Vacancies at a National Oil Company - MacTay Consulting
- Senior QA/QC Inspector at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Executive Driver at Petrok Oil and Gas
- Project Manager at WTS Energy
- Job Opportunities at UnoCasa Limited
- Tender Buyer at Nigerdock Nigeria Plc