IT Programmer/ Web Developer at Global Corporate Logistics (GCL)
Posted on: 11 October, 2017
Deadline: 25 October, 2017
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Global Corporate Logistics (GCL)
Global Corporate Logistics (GCL) Hub is an e-commerce Logistics networking web service platform that provides cloud computing based service for consumer to consumer, business to consumer and business to business sales service. The platform allows SME's and Young entrepreneurs to showcase their creativity, Nigerian made products to interested parties such as consumers and manufactures globally and allow easy transportation of the products globally via Air, sea and Road.
- GCL Nigeria is looking to hire an ambitious, resilient IT programmer and developer to join the team. You could either be a recent grad, with a few months early IT experience, or someone with perhaps 1-2 years’ experience in programming, system integrations, oracle database and data science.
- Any links to the agricultural sector would be advantageous but not vital.
Key to this role is finding someone who is able to:
- Build and deploy end to end ICT projects for GCL.
- Engage in setting up appropriate IT infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of servers
- Building new features and maintaining existing code, and technical customer support.
- Respond to technical email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
- Be a part of the digital marketing execution.
- Contribute creatively to project discussions.
- Perform or direct web site updates.
- Develop databases that support web applications and web sites.
- Engage in continuous training.
Skills required for this role
- A fullstack core developer with good working experience.
- Competent in frontend and backend web languages.
- Backend Skills- PHP and Laravel framework. Any other backend language such as Python, Ruby, Java or .Net would be a plus but not compulsory.
- WordPress skill - ability to write custom scripts on existing WordPress code base and to modify themes is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Skilled with Web Frameworks.
- Working knowledge of API integrations.
- Working knowledge of networking.
- Excellent understanding of web project cycle stages
- Teachable, self-discipline and courteous.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Can work with minimum supervision.
- Troubleshoot and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Smart and diligent.
- Good work ethics and a team player.
- Good leadership skills and ability to lead a team of developers.
- Opportunities for travel.
- Progression opportunities based on your merit.
- Exciting monthly rewards and incentives.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This opportunity is one that definitely wouldn’t be around for long. If you are interested and believe you tick all the boxes, apply now.
- Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global Corporate Logistics (GCL)Similar Jobs
- Mercedes Truck Diesel Engine Mechanics/Technician at IQ Express Group
- Maintenance Manager at Cristabol Services Limited
- Facilities Maintenance Manager at APM Terminals
- Group Business Director at Chisco Group
- Collector at Maersk Line
- Truck Logistics Assistant (Drivers) at KIVIE Integrated Solutions Limited
- Business Development Manager at AFM Recruit
- Sales Representatives at Maersk Line