Ventoven is a shared services company, focused on offering top notch Human Resource Services, Procurement, IT Support and Accounting services.
We are looking to engage an enthusiastic and detailed oriented Accountant who will be responsible for providing timely, proactive and relevant financial and accounts support to his/her direct line manager and within the organization. He/She will also for responsible for;
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS
- Carry out daily posting of all transactions into the ledger
- Back up General Ledger
- Extract debtors accounts and initiate monthly circularisation of debtors
- Maintain shelves where files are kept on monthly basis and arranged according to Bank and cash and other purposes to aid easy retrieval and replacement, and carry out regular review of the filing systems (both physical and electronic) for decency, rearranging the files where necessary
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Mailing of Monthly Payslips
- Preparation of General Journals
- Carry out monthly Bank reconciliation
- Reconcile all Current Accounts between Companies
- Enter adjusting entries as may be approved by the supervisor.
- Create a database with appropriate description of all monthly bank statements for ease of access
- Reconciliation of Receipts issued with Invoices
- Reconcile information in the Payroll Ledger with that of HR.
- TREASURY OPERATIONS
- Provide analysis of all receipts and payments in and out of all Bank Accounts
- Draw up and provide to Head Finance for approval, daily, weekly and monthly schedules of payments to be made
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly receipts and payments report for management decision
- Maintain record of all incoming processed vouchers and indicate whether they are yet to be uploaded, uploaded and awaiting authorisation and level of payment after payment is done, showing balance if there is
- Review bank statement and request for invoices for any unidentified receipt/sale
- Carry out payments for all dully processed vouchers
- Issue receipts for all payments to the companies, whether cash or direct bank deposit - daily
- Collection, Recording on receipt log and Banking of cash and cheques
- Carry out other activities that may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time
Skills & Requirements
- Outstanding competencies in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge and experience in Accounts and Accounting.
- Must be highly organized with extraordinary attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate ability to work excellently with minimal supervision
- 0-3 Years relevant experience
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Commerce or any other business related fields from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Other relevant postgraduate degree or professional certification will be an advantage.
- Affiliation of relevant profession bodies will also be an added advantage.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of accounting best practices - with experience in a Petty cash Management.
- Knowledge and experience of corporate culture
- Must have the ability to act quickly and pragmatically under pressure to priorities and resolve issues.
- Strong business ethics and high level of integrity.
- Great Place to Work
- Exciting work culture
- Motivated work force
- Pension benefits
- Robust Health Insurance plan
- Inspiring work environment
- Progressive Staff development plan
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ventoven career website on emp.jobylon.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale