African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
Reference: ADB/ 454
Position N°: 50067452
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department
- The various Country Offices fall within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- Under the Directorate General of the Central Region, the Cameroon County Office of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Cameroon country Manager and performs office messenger duties
- These position is based in Cameroon and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Country Manager and the day to day supervision of the Administrative Assistant of the Country Offices, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Operations with focus to the Office staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Cameroon as and when required;
- Transport the Country Manager or as otherwise assigned in the conduct of the Bank’s operations;
- Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Perform office messenger duties
- Represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct at all times;
- Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc. ;
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Country Manager and management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Possess any additional documentation and/or certification to carry out the job will be an added advantage
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and proven skills in minor vehicle repairs, as well as routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Take initiative, be discreet, honest and demonstrate good character;
- Demonstrate team work and interpersonal skills.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in French or English. Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet;
go to method of application »
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093607
- The Vice-Presidency for ‘Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy and first High 5s priority of “Light up and Power Africa”.
- The complex’s objectives are:
- To develop policy and strategy;
- To provide deep sector technical expertise to the Regions by gathering pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted for their expertise on complicated transactions;
- To develop new financing instruments;
- To act as spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on all aspects of “Light Up and Power Africa”.
- The Complex will focus on areas of Power systems, policy and regulation, renewable energy; and, Climate and Green Growth.
- The level of responsibility associated with the position as Executive Assistant requires the job holder to work independently, and with a high degree of diplomacy and sensitivity for confidential issues.
- The nature of the work might require occasional overtime work and availability after normal working hours.
- The main objectives of the position are to provide a wide range of assistance to the Vice-President, including workflow management, office administration and analytical work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Vice-President - Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth , the Executive Assistant will perform the following:
- Devise and maintain efficient office systems.
- Track and follow-up on documents, draft letters and memoranda, monitor incoming emails, deal with faxes and general correspondence and briefs.
- Ensure secure filing of sensitive and confidential information.
- Organize and attend to multiple meetings, appointments, luncheons and events to ensure that responsible management is well prepared.
- Arrange travel, visa and accommodation for the Vice-President; arrange logistics for visiting delegations.
- Handle internal and general public enquiries; screen telephone calls from within the bank and from external collaborators, and handle them as appropriate; welcome and look after visitors; organize and maintain electronic diaries and to make and follow-up on appointments.
- Manage the recording of opinions, notes and confidential documents.
- Create a strong filing system in the Vice-President Front Office for prompt retrieval of documents.
- Create a follow up system in the Vice-President Front Office to track all in/out documents.
- Contribute to the collection of data on the Vice-President’s Front office KPIs.
- Produce documents, simple letters/memoranda/emails, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Assist where applicable with the follow up of the Complex’s activities by using the appropriate software.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Vice-President or the Advisor to the Vice-President.
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold at least a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Communication, Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial training/administration/office management.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years working experience of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an executive office preferably in an international organization or in large private sector firm.
- Demonstrated team building and inter-personal relationship.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Good planning skills will be highly desirable.
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational skills, ability to multitask, attention to details and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale