Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
Programme: Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2)
Contract type: Full time, Fixed Term until 31st December 2018
Post holder: Vacant
Reporting to: MNCH2 - National Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job
- Options Consultancy Services Limited is seeking a State Team Leader to be based in Katsina to contribute and work within a dynamic five (5) year programme called Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2).
- The State Team Leaders will ensure that state-level project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to.
- S/he will be working closely with and managing core staff of technical and administrative programme experts.
Provide overall state level technical leadership and representation of the project, under the direction of the Deputy Team Leader - Technical:
- Work closely with the Technical Advisors and Coordinators to ensure all interventions are delivered to the highest standard to ensure they are effective
- Ensure logframe results are achieved with the support of the Technical Advisors and Coordinators
Strategic, programmatic and financial responsibility at the State-level:
- Be an active contributor to the senior management team
- Convey the overall purpose, activities, and achievements of the project to external stakeholders
- Ensure that all outputs of MNCH2 are meeting and working together to promote a “one team” approach
- Support coordinators to develop annual budgets and workplans and ensure these are followed by leading quarterly reviews
- Liaise with other relevant programmes and originations as appropriate to further the outcomes of the programme
Managing large teams:
- Work closely with and manage a large team of technical and administrative professionals to achieve programme success
- Line manage Coordinators and perform all related duties including but not limited to probation reviews and performance reviews
- Ensure that all reportees are supported to produce quality and timely deliverables and work with the relevant personnel to build capacity in areas where reportees need development
- Take an active role in the recruitment and management of new team members, through engaging in the shortlisting process and sitting on interview panels
- Accountable for project objectives, outcomes, and milestones at the state levels and ensures that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the programme and the donor are followed
- Effectively leverage global technical assistance to ensure effective and high quality programme delivery, including Options Technical Support Unit
- Master's degree in public health or a relevant field.
- Demonstrated coordination experience in international health programmes, with a record of successful team leadership and achieving programme objectives
- Experience providing expertise in multiple programme focus areas (health system strengthening and reproductive health is a benefit) in Nigeria
- Deep understanding and knowledge of contemporary health system dynamics and MNCH challenges
- Demonstrated capabilities in management, capacity building, high-level strategic visioning, and leadership
- Demonstrated experience in budget management
- In depth understanding of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria
- Experience working effectively with LGA and State government authorities (Jigawa would be a very strong benefit)
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria required
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent attention to detail and experience of quality assurance
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including but not limited to Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent leader and team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, new-borns and children, alongside routine immunisation
- Commitment to ensuring that all Nigerian citizens, including women, the poorest and other marginalized groups, are able to have equal voice and participate in holding government accountable in the delivery of public services
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, life insurance, accident insurance, health insurance and housing allowance.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, life insurance, accident insurance, health insurance and housing allowance.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's with a summary note of your skills and experience to "Samira Abu-Helil" via: email@example.com Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates are required to have the right to work in Nigeria
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale