Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
Role Key Responsibilities
- The Finance and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the administrative and financial components of the project at the state level, which includes any reporting required therein.
- He/She will work in conjunction with HQ-based management, operations and finance staff to ensure that donor and organisational requirements, policies and procedures are met.
- The Finance and Administrative Coordinator will provide operational support to the project such as maintaining accurate book keeping tasks and management of cashbook under the supervision of the State Team Leader and the Senior Finance Manager.
- The Finance and Administrative Coordinator supervises the Admin Assistant, the Project Drivers, Cleaners and Security guards.
- Prepare suppliers and staff payment transaction vouchers
- Ensure funds transfer request is done and submit to HQ in a timely manner for smooth operations of project activities.
- Oversee maintenance of petty cash in the safe and ensure petty cash reconciliation are undertaken.by the Amin Assistant.
- Receive and monitor invoices and cash payment requests vouchers to ensure timely processing
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approved payment vouchers received
- Prepare cheque and bank letters / pay schedules for approval and make the payment
- Update by posting entries to the weekly bank and petty cash transaction summaries and submit the same to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Ensure MNCH2 policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Carry out cash count as per the MNCH2 policy and schedule.
- Maintain a filing system of the payment documents in a professional manner at the state level.
- Liaise with staff on document completion and proper coding based on the standard chart of accounts
- Scan the payment supporting documents and post the same on MNCH2 Share Point platform
- Track and ensure timely retirements of project cash advances given to project staff
- Liaise with staff and consolidate the monthly forecast information and submit the same to the Finance and Administrative Manager in a timely manner.
- Liaise with project subgrantees on MNCH2 project finance compliance
- Contribute to the overall objective of MNCH2 program by providing quality support service to the technical team.
- Maintain the project vehicles at the state level and ensuring that logbook is maintained for all movement
- Ensure that all relevant documents are uploaded on SharePoint as required
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and through timely ordering of supplies.
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Prepare monthly office running cost analysis.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc.
- Provide guidance and direction to Admin Assistant and Office Assistant and drivers including setting performance standards and monitoring their performance.
- Follow-up with contractors to ensure proper service and maintenance of generators, photocopier, AC's, etc. is carried out in timely fashion.
- Liaise with Security & Guards contractors to ensure an external supervisory visit on security guards is conducted periodically.
- Liaise with head office on needs, issues and activities upon which they are treated as they emanate.
- Provide and ensure logistics guidance for delivery of items to project sites and facilities as the case may be.
- Ensure tagging and branding of MNCH2 assets is conducted.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analysing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Follow-up on contractors to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Communicate pressing issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodations during their stay.
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold, and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Maintain rigorous operations ensuring that systems are in place for the proper receipt, rotation and control of program's materials.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by line manager.
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in providing administrative, operational and logistical support
- Minimum three years experience with an NGO and/or donor-funded programme managing operations and administration of projects.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must have strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organise and coordinate activities and inputs from several sources and partners, and manage the simultaneous delivery of multiple activities as well as across results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations.
- Experience working with DFID funded programs is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must.
In Return We Offer
- A friendly and team-based working environment.
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues.
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria.
- The opportunity to truly make a difference.
- A competitive salary with benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale