If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund- procured HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID to implement the warehousing and distribution services for the Global Fund PRs all through till December 2017.
Report directly to: the Director of Lab Logistics
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the National Integrated Sample Referral Network (NISRN) Logistics Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The project also supports the UNAIDS 90-90-90 initiative adopted by PEPFAR, the Federal Ministry of Health and Global Fund. A key part of achieving this goal is ensuring the optimal operating capacity of various and strategically placed diagnostic and treatment monitoring equipment across health facilities in the country with the aim of implementing a standardized and cost-efficient sample transportation and results delivery model; reduce turnaround time (TAT) for results delivery, reduce patient loss to follow up and improve early initiation of treatment for TB and HIV patients.
The NISRN Logistics Manager will coordinate the implementation of the integrated sample transportation and results delivery network across the states in the region.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Serve as a technical resource for the implementation and administration of the National Integrated Sample Referral Network (NISRN) policies, objectives and goals
- Ensure samples are collected from all designated health facilities/ hub sites and transported to the Regional PCR laboratory
- Ensure SOPs, Laboratory manuals, guidelines and forms are available and are appropriately utilized at health facilities, sample processing and storage hub, referral and testing laboratories.
- Periodically carry out spot checks on 3PLs transport facilities and cooling devises to ensure compliance with standard requirement
- Ensure diligent record keeping of managed-vendors (3PLs) for samples movements and result retrieval back to the requesting service delivery points
- Carry out bi-weekly samples and results audits to ensure all samples are tested and results/reports generated are delivered to the requesting facility/hubs/Implementing Partners
- Provide recommendations for improvement and Optimization of the NISRN strategy
- Compare submitted data from 3PLs with those of PCR sites as justification for payment on a monthly basis
- Coordinate the efforts of Logistics Advisors at the regions for effective management of the NISRN strategy
- Coordinate the receipt of states and regional reports, review and provide weekly and monthly summary of samples transfer and result returns
- Maintain partner relationships and coordination among stakeholders; ensure high quality and timely delivery of all contractual and programmatic obligations
- Mentor and build capacity of health care providers on the implementation of the NISRN strategy
- Provide technical support to ensure that activities are designed and implemented with high quality and meet project timelines
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Lab Logistics.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science. Additional qualification in public health/ logistics management, will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in Laboratory Logistics Management/Clinical Sample Management
- Registered with the professional regulatory government agency
- Specific expertise in HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria programs
- Strong analytical, problem solving, system troubleshooting and excellent technical writing, oral presentation and interpersonal skills highly desired
- Knowledge of Polymerase Chain Reaction equipment for viral load and Early Infants’ Diagnosis, and GeneXpert machine preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages (Excel, words, PowerPoint).
- Show keen interest in learning, turn on job experiences into research articles for Publications or Conference papers and, mentor Logistics Advisors and Associates
- Deep knowledge of Nigeria’s health sector landscape and a network of contacts in the State Ministry of Health and PEPFAR/Global Fund implementing partners
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English is required
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
go to method of application »
Report Directly To: The Manager, Malaria Logistics
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Malaria Logistics Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Malaria Logistics Associate will support the GHSC-PSM Malaria Logistics Team under the overall guidance of the Director Lab Logistics in all areas of malaria activities as contained in the workplan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Under supervision provides support in the collation of malaria logistics data using the MCLS tool that can inform resupplies, quantification, and funding and procurement decisions
- Under supervision provide support to the campaign team in the documentation of LLIN mass replacement campaign activities
- Under supervision support the Lab logistics team in listing out and processing of all procurements required for activity implementation
- In liaison with the supervisor, provide technical support to the Government and partners on product specifications and selection to inform quantification and procurement of malaria commodities
- Under guidance provide technical assistance to the stakeholders on supply chain management of malaria commodity
- In collaboration with the Field Management Program Management Team provide support for the update of health facilities supported in all PMI focus states
- Under supervision liaise with other departments for the collection and collation of malaria logistics data and information required for the development of malaria monthly report
- Perform other tasks as directed by Malaria Logistics Manager
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance
- 1 Year working experience in HIV/TB, Malaria related activity
- Show a keen interest in learning and making a career in logistic management of health commodities is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to learn and be mentored
- Fluency in English is required.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.