Jobs At IntraHealth International Inc.
Posted on: 26 September, 2013
Deadline: 14 October, 2013
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View Jobs posted same day
The MLE Project based at the Carolina Population Center (www.urbanreproductivehealth.org), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, through IntraHealth, has an immediate opening for an MLE Country Manager (CM) in Nigeria. The CM will oversee the field-based survey work of the MLE Project, liaise with the in-country stakeholders and represent MLE at the country level. S/he will work with MLE senior management, the MLE Technical Officers and field-based MLE partners and subcontractors in the implementation and oversight of the surveys and data analysis. The CM will be based in Abuja, Nigeria and reports to the Technical Deputy Director atCarolina Population Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the URHI within and across target countries through the implementation of large-scale household and facility surveys.
- The CM will support and oversee all in-country research partners and assure compliance with the local ethics committee.
- S/he will participate in the development of questionnaires, creation of sampling frames, development of training manuals, training of field workers and the pre-testing of survey tools.
- S/he will ensure high data quality standards at all surveystages; recruit and supervise MLE quality assurance officers and participate in data analysis.
- S/he will participate in the development of study reports in eachcountry, support the tabulation and analysis of survey data, participate inresearch and evaluation activities as part of a team of technical experts and participate in the writing and publishing of study results as reports and peer reviewed publications.
- S/he will also oversee the storage and management of MLE questionnaires and sensitive data according to UNC and ethics committee policies.
- Build country and regional capacity to undertake rigorous M&E.
- The CM will work with UNC in the provision of technical assistance to the in-countrystakeholders, in all aspects of the study, including the refinement of tools fordata collection, mapping, sampling and training as well as the implementationand oversight of fieldwork, data entry and analysis.
- S/he will participate withUNC in formal capacity building activities for monitoring and evaluation.
- Master's degree in public health or related discipline with 3 5 years relevant experience or Bachelor's degree in public health or related fieldwith 5 8 years relevant experience required
- Knowledge of survey design, questionnaire development required
- Experience with the management and implementation of large-scale demographic field surveys (household and health facility) required
- Supervisory experience offield enumerators required
- Strong understanding ofM&E principles required
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to work independently; manage projects with minimal supervision required
- Demonstrated experience in STAT A (or SPSS) and data analysis preferred
- Experience working with donor agencies preferred
- Fluency in English required
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com by October 14, 2013.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Drivers at KUI Care
- Medical Doctor at Royal Hospital
- Embryologists at Bridge Clinic
- Job Vacancies at Hillstar Hospital
- Masseuse at Ultra Tresses
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the National Orthopaedlc Hospital, Enugu
- Pharmacists at Feetal Diagnosis Clinic
- Job Opportunities at Isalu Hospitals - 10 Positions