Jobs at a Leading Real Estate Firm - Alexander Nelson
Posted on: 9 October, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at Alexander Nelson
A leading real estate development company located in Ikoyi, Lagos with international affiliation is currently seeking an experienced Manager, Facilities to oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- Liaises with Client or Customer Service Manager.
- Coordinates activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements.
- Prepares quotations, visits site when necessary to prepare the quotation.
- Prepares BOQs along with Procurement to clients for approval.
- Liaises with 3rd party contractors/vendors for quality work delivery.
- ·Writes appraisals for subordinates.
- · Recruits Technicians when necessary.
- Oversees and supervises team of maintenance supervisors and technicians.
- Studies and advises clients on the state of their equipment.
- Prepares budget(s) for various Estates, new and existing developments
- Prepares Facility Management Plan for Estates, new and existing developments
- Inspects and prepares proposals for new Sites/Estates.
- Prepares routine maintenance for various estates/locations, and ensures that they are strictly followed
- Works closely with procurement for the planning and engagement of Vendors for daily daily operations
- Communicates with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met.
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are met on an cost-effective basis.
- Ensures that consumables are stocked and reorders for new ones.
- Makes sure the working environment is safe to work
- Raises purchase requests. Purchases the materials and makes sure the materials for the required job are available
- Executes equipment audits for all locations and advises when necessary
- Advises management where necessary on job improvement.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations annually
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors.
- Controls activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs.
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security.
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Allocating and managing space between buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments.
- Helping businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
- Solicit and analyse bids from contractors for repairs, renovations, and maintenance.
- Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services such as cleaning, maintenance, and security services.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
- Review rents to ensure that they are in line with rental markets.
- Maintain contact with insurance carriers, fire and police departments, and other agencies to ensure protection and compliance with codes and regulations.
- Meet with boards of directors and committees to discuss and resolve legal and environmental issues or disputes between neighbors.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Develop a facility management framework for the organization
- Conduct regular assessment to ensure that facilities conform to global health Safety standard
- Negotiate the sale, lease, or development of property and complete or review appropriate documents and forms.
- Analyse information on property values, taxes, zoning, population growth, and traffic volume and patterns to determine if properties should be acquired.
- Ensure the Organisation is up to date with recent Facility Management developments and news.
- And any other assigned project.
- A degree (B.Sc.) is compulsory, preferably in Engineering
- Membership of a relevant body is an added advantage
- HSE certification is an added advantage
- 6 years of work experience as Facility Manager or in a related position.
go to method of application »
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Secure Financing for the company and/or its projects
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Assist in overseeing the operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the company’s budget.
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Creating, monitoring and interpreting financial models predicting future trends in relation to project finance
- Creating and maintaining external relationships with finance stakeholders and partners
- Carrying out feasibility analysis and produce various reports for project stakeholders to aid investment decisions
- Researching into, and report on factors influencing business performance in relation to project finance
- Researching new sources of project finance for the organization and analyzing competitors and market trends
Minimum of B.Sc. in Accounting, Banking or Finance (Second class Upper)
Associate member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
At least 5 years related working experience in the Financial Advisory services sub-sector (especially on real estate projects will be an added advantage)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Alexander NelsonSimilar Jobs
- Legal Officer at Adron Homes & Properties Limited
- Internal Control Officer at Adron Homes and Properties Limited
- Direct Sales Agent at Crovation Limited
- Inventory Officer at Tolet.com.ng
- Jobs at Britelson Nigeria Limited
- Accountant at Kanma Properties Development Company Limited
- Business Development Officer at a Real Estate Firm - Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Project Architect at Dayola Property & Development Company