Logistics Assistant at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Posted on: 9 October, 2017
Deadline: 13 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Archiver Assistant reports to the Finance Officer in Maiduguri.
- She/He provides support in term of finance documents scanning and filing of the financial documents.
- Bachelor Degree or higher Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain with relevant professional certification
- 1-2 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
- Candidates should apply with CV's and Cover Letter indicating and explaining their suitability to the position.
- Candidates should provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
- Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on www.impactpool.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Danish Refugee Council (DRC)Similar Jobs
- National Health Supply Chain Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Water Analysis Officer at Solidarites International (SI)
- INGO Forum Program Support Intern at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Consultants at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
- Project Manager at Care International
- Education M/E Manager at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Fresh Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Fresh Vacancies at the VeritasVision Social Initiative