If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Events and Publications
Summary of Position
- The Sound Engineer identify the sound requirements for a given task or situation and perform the appropriate actions to produce this sound.
- He/She is required to assemble, operate and maintain the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound in line with the established standards and procedures of the American University of Nigeria events and publications department.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering.
- Three years’ post NYSC experience working in same or similar position
- Manual Dexterity: Must be able to provide examples of use of hand & power tools and other related mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance.
- Must demonstrated evidence of utilizing safe work practices.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft applications.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, device, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, device, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted