Humanitarian Business Support Manager at Oxfam Nigeria
Posted on: 6 October, 2017
Deadline: 20 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Oxfam
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
Req ID: 2841
Job Type: Full-time/ 40 hours a week
Start date: As soon as possible until 28th February, 2018.
Purpose of the Position
- To ensure effective and efficient delivery of all operational and business development functions to the country programme, and ensure risk is managed and there is compliance with Oxfam’s policies and procedures.
- S/he is a member of the Senior Management Team and contributes to the overall leadership and management of the Oxfam programme in Nigeria.
- Provide strategic leadership to the various business support functions (finance, human resources, logistics, IT, administration, business development & donor contract management issues), ensuring the best possible support to the programme and advice to the response management team.
- Exploit opportunities presented by external regulatory provisions that will ensure cost effective programmes and provide relevant information needed to facilitate processes.
- Ensure all business support functions operate in an effective manner, complying with all Oxfam and donor requirements and procedures.
- Establish and maintain robust fraud mitigation measures and establish of culture of compliance and rigour across the business support functions.
- Provide direction to the Finance Manager on financial management, policies and procedures, ensuring that the programme is informed of all developments in financial policies. Ensure the programme is complying with financial standards set by Oxfam and donors.
- Liaise with the funding team to ensure that all donor reporting requirements are met, including proposals, budgets and donor reporting liaising as required by donors.
- Provide direct support to the Humanitarian Programme Manager and the Programme Managers in the field on all matters of finance specifically budget preparation, monitoring, control and reporting with a view to ensuring good financial standards are met.
- Produce monthly financial management information for the Response Management Team and ensures that the finance team provides necessary financial reports for field programme managers to monitor and review their project activities.
- Assume a strategic overview of financial management systems across the programme, taking note of changing external and internal environment in financial and economic conditions.
- It is also essential that this position plays an active role in proposal development, particularly with respect to innovative budgeting and realistic estimates with respect to logistics requirements for support and other costing for support functions.
- Advise on ways of ensuring that effective logistics management and tracking systems are in place and functioning at all times.
- Review and where necessary support programmes formulate partnership contracts, supplier’s contracts that align to policy and mitigate financial and operational risks.
- In collaboration with the Security focal point, to ensure that Oxfam Health and Safety and Security guidelines are implemented by the BST.
- Support programme Co-ordinators and advisors through relevant financial and related contextual information gathering, monitoring situations and consolidating and reviewing proposals as required.
- Motivate the support team to work interactively with the programme team and to come up with and communicate innovative solutions and systems that allows the programme to serve its overall goal. This component is critical to the success of this post
- Support the HPM/Operational Lead to achieve the programme objectives and reduce risks associated with the programme around legality and compliancy issues and alert the CD of any imminent risks.
- Manage outsourcing partners and self-service requests to ensure the efficient functioning of the IT system including ensuring regular maintenance, back-ups and support to all staff.
- Support global IT initiatives and ensures the adoption of IT technology according to Oxfam requirements and best practice.
- You have a Bachelor's/Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles - specifically in managing humanitarian and Minimum of Five Years senior Managment Previous experience of managing and developing a team within an INGO setting or similar, with a demonstrated capacity to lead high performing teams, and motivate and develop others
- Demonstrated capacity to manage a team covering at least two of the functional areas (finance, human resources, logistics, IT, fundraising, or admin)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in partnership
- Mature understanding of transformation derived from direct experience in a development and/or humanitarian context
- Demonstrated experience of strategic leadership and capacity building
- Highly developed financial management, planning and budgeting skills
- Sound understanding of institutional donors and previous experience in producing high quality donor reports
- Sounds understanding of gender and gender mainstreaming approaches
- High level of influencing skills with proven ability to establish credibility at all levels
- Demonstrated track record of improving efficiency and effectiveness in areas of responsibility
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2962 to € 4557 gross based on 36 hours a week.
Method of Application
Only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Interested and qualified? Go to Oxfam career website on career2.successfactors.eu to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OxfamSimilar Jobs
- Regional HR Manager, West Africa at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Latest Job Openings at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultants at Christian Aid (CA)
- Country Director at ZOA Nigeria
- Programme Manager (Shelter) at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Openings at Save the Children Nigeria
- Anesthetist Nurse at Medecins Sans Frontieres - Spain
- Communications Roles at the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)