Key Population Program Specialist at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC)
Posted on: 6 October, 2017
Deadline: 13 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Maryland Global Initiatives Corpo
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
- The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) through its affiliate Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria is implementing United State Centers for Disease Control (US CDC) funded Project tagged SHIELD to “Conduct Mapping and Size Estimation of Key Populations (KP) in Nigeria”.
- This focuses on generating information among the key population to guide the planned National Population-based HIV Impact Assessment.
- UMB through its affiliate MGIC Nigeria proposes to hire a Key Population Program Specialist who will work with a team of UMB faculty, in-country staff and other stakeholders engaged to coordinate the Conduct of the Mapping and Size Estimation of Key Populations in Nigeria.
- The candidate will be required to work extensively with the leadership of Federal Ministry of Health through (both NASCP, NACA), local US CDC in addition to other relevant stakeholders and consultants that are on board.
Detailed Job Description
As the lead, the KP Program specialist will:
- Work closely with NASCP, NACA, local US CDC and other stakeholders to ensure implementation of key strategies outlined for the conduct of the Mapping and Size Estimation of Key Populations.
- Work with NASCP, NACA, local US CDC in the adoption, finalization and necessary ethical approvals of a protocol for the conduct of Mapping and Size Estimation of Key Populations in Nigeria
- Provide technical support to the KP Steering Committee members to ensure they can meaningfully engage in the conduct of the mapping and size estimation activities
- Coordinate with key stakeholders including NASCP, NACA, Global Fund, CSOs and the local US CDC office in Nigeria in the operational roll-out of the Mapping and Size Estimation of Key Populations in Nigeria.
- Collaborate with key population networks and other organizations to advance advocacy priorities of key populations as part of the mapping and size estimation exercise
- Ensure selection of the trainers/ community consultants for various training activities in coordination.
- Work with UMB KP lead to set up and ensure that KP planning, implementation and monitoring meetings are held regularly, are well documented and actions are followed-up by concerned stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate progress of the implementation and the KP Mapping and Size estimation activities and write appropriate reports as needed by UMBHQ, US CDC and other relevant stakeholders
- A University Degree (Masters) in Public Health and/or HIV & AIDS related field.
- At least over 10 years of public health experience including at least 5 years of leading experience with KP programming in Nigeria.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a program management position with responsibility of managing partnerships, consultants, workplans and budget utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with FMHO through NASCP and NACA, local health staff, and civil society organizations to implement improvements in health care.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Internet fluency a plus.
- Should have good communication skills both verbal and written
- This is a succinct job description of the main duties of the job and neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- UMB through its affiliate MGIC Nigeria is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their full CV's and a comprehensive Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (M...Similar Jobs
- GHSC-PSM Procurement Advisor at Chemonics International
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- MEAL Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Jobs at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Final Evaluation Consultant at Search for Common Ground
- Area Manager at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Finance Manager at Street Child Nigeria