DHIS2 Data Manager at the African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Posted on: 6 October, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Africa Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is the umbrella organization for applied epidemiology training, programs in Africa. It oversees the Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FETP) in 16 countries of Africa. It has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Lagos AIDS Indicator Survey (LAGAIS) in the State. In view of this, AFENET is recruiting men and women with field work experience to gather the Lagos data across the 20 Local Government Areas of Lagos State.
Duration of contract: One year
The responsibilities of the data manager include;
- Ensure that DHIS 2 data generated is properly managed and analyzed
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed to improve DHIS2 reporting
- Train state and LGA team on data collection and electronic data entry
- Train national program officers on DHIS2 Routine Immunization module
- Provide support to state and LGA team to ensure DHIS2 data quality
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state and LGA team
- Support in development of strategies that would improve data quality in the country
- Work with stakeholders and partners in identifying strategies to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Support operation research activities that can help to improve routine immunization data quality
- Develop DHIS2 project implementation reports for the funders
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements or other Expertise Required:
- Required: Master's degree (or equivalent) in data management, epidemiology, public health or related field
Prior Work Experience:
- Possess at least 3 years experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance /monitoring and evaluation system
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience in Routine Immunization (RI) at the LGA or state level.
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net and other related languages.
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Must also have previous experience working with DHIS.
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required.
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of public health, data compilation and management and data analysis. In addition, experience or knowledge of immunization and public health surveillance systems is an advantage.
- Skills and Abilities: Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA). Experience with web-based applications is desired.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) career website on infomgt.nfeltp.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)Similar Jobs
- Fresh Vacancies at Imo International Health Systems
- Current Job Placements at Nisa Premier Hospital (Nisa)
- Cleaner at KASI Healthcare
- Latest Jobs at Total Health Trust Limited
- Latest Jobs at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Hospital Administrator at CIPM
- External Auditor at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist at Tosema Diagnostic Laboratory