Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Reporting & Supervision: The Finance Manager reports to the Chief of Party
- The Finance Manager will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- She/he will provide overall financial and accounting oversight and management for the Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data in West Africa (REWARD) project, funded by USAID/West Africa.
- This position will also be a liaison with the Creative’s HQ to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies about the implementation of effective internal controls and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget, tracking the project expenditures and projections
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system
- Liaise between Creative’s field and headquarters offices regarding project’s financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Manage, review and process payroll, invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and USAID’s policies.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses, accruals, and projections.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices
- Provide Project Director and the COP with project’s current financial status
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes if needed.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Required Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or relevant field. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of six 6 years of relevant work experience preferably with USAID-funded projects
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies
- Competent in using computers and financial software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com With the subject line "Reward Finance Manager"
Note: Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale