Business Development Officer at a Reputable Law Firm - Bradfield Consulting Limited
Posted on: 5 October, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Bradfield Consulting Limited - Our client, a reputable law firm located in Lagos is seeking candidates who will assist the Business Development Manager with the development of the firm’s profile and also to develop the firm’s existing and prospective businesses to fill the position below:
- To plan, coordinate, and implement the firm’s practice groups’, and individual lawyer’s activities with respect to marketing, business development, public relations, and client services.
- The objective is to increase visibility and brand recognition to strengthen and expand the firm’s client base. Observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Assist to develop, implement, and manage the firm’s business development and client services plan consistently with the firm’s strategic plan and policies set by the BDM, by attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends. Work with BDM to present to and consult with partners on business trends, with a view to improve legal services through researching industry best practice. Supports and facilitates development, implementation, and tracking of business development/ marketing plans for 5 practice groups and over 40 individual lawyers consistently with the firm’s plan and policies. Participates in the firm’s strategic planning activities with respect to evaluation and improvement of present client relations and services and future business development opportunities and activities by tracking and recording activity on existing and potential clients. Researching and developing a thorough understanding of the firm's capabilities.
- Budgeting: Help to develop and manage the firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes marketing expenditures for the firm, practice groups, and individual lawyers by liaising with vendors/third party, preparing and compiling estimates. Also processing payment transactions.
- Media/Public Relations: Provide support to the BDM in preparing and managing public relations activities and communications for the firm by engaging journalists and building relationship with them across all channels (TV, radio, print, digital and social media) to ensure prominent positioning of the company. Support the development of press releases by creating content for press releases, new lawyer announcements and notices, other firm announcements, media materials, and coordination with any outside PR consultants.
- Advertising: Responsible for recommending design ideas for print and online advertising and assist in negotiating media buys and associated contracts.
- Newsletters, Brochures and Promotional Materials: Assist to create content to support the development of the monthly company’s Newsletters; social media calendar and 3rd party blogs. Source and produce original pieces on legal work as it relates to different industries. Manage content for Wikipedia page, website, and other channels; Supports communications through research administration. Assist to update, and maintain online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and for lawyers, including firm and lawyer profiles, practice descriptions, brochures. Also oversees mailing list creation and updates.
- Photography, Logos, and Promotional Products: Assist in arranging for professional photo-shoots and maintaining image and logo files. Assist in preparing various art files (headshots, logos, and graphics) for use in online and print materials, and selecting products for promotional use at seminars, conferences, presentations, etc.
- Tracking and Reporting: Provide support to the BDM in maintaining the firm’s databases utilized for marketing, and Twitter. Track growth on social media channels using the available tools; Make recommendations based on findings from the social media analytics; Carry out competitive analysis for the different law firms. Prepare and generate business development reports as requested.
- Website and Social Media: Assist in managing the firm’s social networking pages for the firm and its lawyers (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.), and other electronic communications, including drafting and updating content, images and working with outside technical and design consultants as needed;
- Directories and Awards: Prepares necessary documentation for information submission on lawyers and the firm in online directories and referral sites. Research and determine which directories should be launched and maintained;
- Firm Memberships: Assist in managing all firm memberships and seek for membership opportunities that the firm can take advantage of to enhance the firm’s profile
- Proposals and Resumes: Assist to coordinate the firm’s RFP protocol process, including drafting and sending proposals for new business as needed. Participates in planning and presentation efforts as appropriate (including presentation packets, slides, etc.)Maintains resumes for over 40 lawyers.
- Event Planning/Coordination and Gifts: Provide support to help manage business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including:
- Assist to organize and provide support for firm receptions, conferences, seminars, and other special firm-sponsored events;
- Lawyer receptions and celebrations (and associated gifts);
- Shortlisting holiday cards, gifts, and thank you gifts for clients or referral sources.
- Sponsorships and Speaking Engagements: Provide a weekly report to the BDM to be used to identify, evaluate and make recommendations for firm/lawyer participation in sponsorships, conferences, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events by conducting research. Assist in coordinating activities (RSVPs, promotional products, advertising, presentation slides, etc.) as needed.
- Surveys and Assessment: Provide support to the BDM to design and conduct, or arrange for the design and implementation of client satisfaction surveys and market research;
- Coaching/Training Lawyers: Assist to coordinate training in business development and client services for lawyers and staff of the firm. Track progress and suggest business development opportunities for lawyers and practice group in all locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Business Development Manager.
- Candidate will work under the direct supervision of the BDM.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours;
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision;
- Ability to multi-task with minimal or no errors;
- understands the needs and expectations of law firm clients;
- Ability to be innovative in developing key marketing and business development methods;
- Must be willing and available to travel between the firm’s different offices as needed and required by the position’s specific duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science or Art (B.Sc. or BA) minimum;
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL) optional;
- Specialized marketing or business operations courses like (Diploma in Marketing Communication, Diploma in Digital Marketing, Certificate in Marketing, etc.) required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Marketing Communications/Digital Marketing
- Confident, energetic, articulate and hardworking with a desire to excel and a passion for the work.
- Candidate must demonstrate initiative, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments, and able to work well with lawyers and staff at all levels in the organization.
- Reasonably compensated with usual benefits.
Candidate must have a good knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Website content management systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiar with SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good organization, communication and research skills
- Absolute command of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Digital Marketing Tools
- Ability to write effectively for public relations and other purposes, for audiences inside and outside the firm
- Ability to prepare written materials, to support and to follow-up marketing opportunities for the firm and for individual lawyers
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it-done’ attitude. Honesty, integrity and commitment to the common goals and values of the Firm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bradfield Consulting career website on bradfieldconsulting.has-jobs.co.uk to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Executive Assistant at a Reputable Law Firm