If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Ref No: 1703342
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Objectives of the Programme
The objective of the post is to coordinate WHO data management and M&E activities at the field level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the state/ to (a) ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the health emergency information and Risk Assessment (b) monitor achievement of recommended performance indicators for EWARS and IDSR highlighted in the EWARS Guidelines and Nigeria's Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy. c) provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program.
Description of Duties
- The specific functions of the incumbent are:Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to EWARS/ IDSR and HeRAMSPerform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received.
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Support the implementation of HeRAMS and work closely with M&E officers in the provision of monthly feedback on M&E6. Produce monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making at relevant levels
- Support data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data Provide technical data management support to the LGAs. Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Perform other activities as required by the supervisor.
- Completion of university degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management and related field; preferably supplemented by a certificate in GIS
- Training in monitoring and evaluation
- At least 2 years experience in data management and ICT in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization
- Thorough knowledge of data management/ICT skill; Strong analytical skill
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills
Method of Application
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted.
- Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Health Organization (WHO) career website on tl-ex.vcdp.who.int to apply