Head of Information Technology at APM Terminals
Posted on: 4 October, 2017
Deadline: 18 October, 2017
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Lead roll-out and change management activities across the Terminal in connection with implementation and deployment of APM Terminals global IT solutions.
- Develop and deploy Terminal specific IS applications, and provide input and support to development and deployment of global applications:
- Provide input to development of global applications to be developed by APM Terminals.
- Manage the implementation and deployment of APM Terminals global applications.
- Capture and prioritise business requirements for Terminal IS applications.
- Develop recommendation for Terminal specific IS solutions-consistent with APM Terminals policy and standards.
- Manage the development, implementation and deployment of Terminal specific IS applications including management of external vendors-consistent with APM Terminals policy and standards for local IS applications development.
- Provide recommendations for best-practice-sharing regarding IS solutions, incl. recommendations for usage in other APM Terminals/Regions. Ensure transparency of such opportunities by adhering to the APM Terminals IT governance procedures for project initiation and registration.
- Provide input to recommendation for vendor selection for APM Terminals global applications.
- Provide input to and ensure compliance with APM Terminals IS strategy, policy and standards.
- Provide input to the development of APM Terminals IS strategy, policy, and standards for infrastructure, platforms, and IS applications development.
- Ensure compliance with IS strategy, policy and standards for the APM Terminals (including infrastructure, platforms, applications development, and security).
- Manage Terminal IS infrastructure.
- Maintain Terminal infrastructure, including local network, servers and workstations in accordance with APM Terminals policy and standards, including applicable security rules.
- Ensure that Terminal infrastructure will support implementation and deployment of each APM Terminals global application, by proactively complying with project specific instructions and guidelines, in addition to the APM Terminals policy and standards.
- Manage relationships with local vendors for hardware and standard software in accordance with APM Terminals IS policy and standards.
- Build world-class IS team for Terminal by retaining IS talent and managing, coaching, mentoring and supporting all direct reports
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- Contribute in the management team and together with the management team drive the strategic initiatives that will prepare the terminal for the future.
- Reinforce APM Terminals group culture, values & reputation & ensure compliance with APMT policies.
- The incumbent is required to set objectives for subordinate positions & will contribute to improvements in operational performance of the operation.
- The position strives for continuous improvement in systems & processes in the function in order to make the outputs user friendly.
- The position is primarily single dimensional affecting directly the operational aspects of the terminal.
- We need to add BCP dimension
- We need to add something about data protection / data security
Who We Are Looking For
- University degree in Information Systems Management or similar
- Post graduate studies in IT management or related studies.
- At least 8 years in IT management roles.
- Knowledge of modern terminal operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to APM Terminals career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Team Lead - Customer Service at Damco Nigeria
- IT Support Administrator at Tamrose Ventures Limited
- Drivers at Nationdelivery
- Cluster Legal & Claims Manager and Corporate Affairs Manager at Maersk Line
- Latest Vacancies at Damco Nigeria
- Dispatch Riders at Rovedana
- General Manager - Liner at GAC Nigeria
- Business Development Manager at Creseada International Limited