The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The DSA will deputized the Safety Advisors (SA) for most of his tasks. He will be involved in drafting of high quality safety analysis and reports, Supporting the delivering of NGO request services and Supporting the SA in the management of Field Monitors
- Provide NGOs with credible information and contextual analysis of the local and regional safety situation.
- Assist in the delivery of other request INSO Services
- Support the SA in the management of field monitors
- Adhere to INSO safety policies and procedures.
- Adopts professional conduct and positive attitude
- Bachelor in IT, Journalism, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma
- At least 5 years of military, police and/or NGO safety work experience, at a mid-management level
- Excellent English writing skills with ability to research and present complex issues in a clear and concise manner as well as a fluent conversational level of at least one of the following languages: Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages relevant to North Easter Nigeria.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety is essential
- A Proven experience and knowledge of the North-Eastern Region
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Nigerian nationality
- 2 or more years of work experience with NGOs
- Deep understanding of the Nigerian safety environment and its historical context
- Deep understanding of humanitarian principles
- Experience in high quality report production
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of engagement
- Staff management experience
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent planner
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions
12-month contract with expected start date of (1st November 2017), 2 paid annual leave days/month accrued, health and life insurance.
Method of Application
Applicants should send the following documents below to: email@example.com and ensure to reference "INSO - Deputy Safety Advisor- Maiduguri" in the subject line of your email.
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 page maximum).
- Up to date CV (5 page maximum).
- One writing sample of analytical previously undertaken
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale