If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GE Global Operations Properties (GO-P) leads the full spectrum of real estate support functions from global facility management to worldwide construction projects to defining real estate strategy for locations and offices housing GE’s 300K+ employees.
We recruiting to fill the vacant position
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for developing, scoping, planning, and safely executing major construction projects. This role will initially be focused on One GE Nigeria Project – the construction of a large multi-modal manufacturing, service, office, residential and training facility in Calabar, Nigeria but may evolve to a wider Nigeria or Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) scope.
Reporting to the Construction Project Services Manager - SSA, the Construction Project Manager manages the multi-modal industrial/office/training construction project in Calabar, Nigeria with a value of approximately $250 million, as well as potentially multiple smaller projects in the future. The Construction Project Manager will provide leadership, direction and communicates and presents ideas and requirements to all levels.
- Develop project requirements and define roles and responsibilities of project team.
- Identify resources required during project and ensure qualified resources are brought on board at the most value.
- Serve as a construction expert for GO-P and provide advice and counsel to GE businesses in development of Growth Playbooks.
- Manage project(s) scope, control costs and schedule and ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Manage process for approval of funds prior to implementing change orders and ensure funds and time is accounted for in any required change request.
- Develop execution plans for the project optimizing GE value.
- Leverage the marketplace, as well as existing relationships, to maximize value with suppliers.
- Work with GO-P and wider GG&O teams (Operations, Engineering, Legal, Sourcing) to ensure project obligations and contract documents are satisfied, required releases are obtained from suppliers, and the project is closed out financially and physically.
- Ensure GE receives a sustainable design and completed project from our contractors.
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in Engineering, Construction/Building Sciences, Architecture or Project Management
- Seven years of experience managing industrial building construction projects (minimum single project value 50 MM USD) working directly for an owner or as an owner's representative across multiple sites/countries in SSA .
- Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and accountability gained from within an international corporate environment
- Proven ability to self-manage, self-motivate and drive team performance - able to organize and focus teams and tasks remotely
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software; experience working with digital online databases
- Project management experience, including identifying projects, developing project plans and execution strategies (must have experience as project leaders/developers, not only as superintendents/field engineers)
- Witten and spoken fluency in English.
- Must submit your application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
- Must have authorization to work in Nigeria.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, which may include drug testing (where allowed by law), reference verification and background check.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 20% of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Graduate degree and 10+ years of relevant construction/project management experience with an international corporation already operating within the region
- Auditing qualification at a recognized institution (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001)
- Experience with Environmental, Health and Safety matters
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written - Culturally aware
- Independent thinker, capable of identifying emerging issues and recommending appropriate mitigation
- Ability to self-manage/motivate and independently drive performance in a challenging environment
- Needs to be confident and display enthusiasm for construction. Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against measurable goals
- Ability to organize and focus teams, tasks and requests and manage sites/teams remotely
- Green Belt certified - 10 years’ experience as an owner's project manager on major construction projects
- Track record of project delivery in Nigeria
- Project Management certification from a recognized agency
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online