The Low & Medium Voltage Division of the Infrastructure & Cities Sector of Siemens provides advanced and extremely dependable power distribution products, systems, and solutions for public utilities, the Oil & Gas industry, heavy & processing industries, large-scale infrastructure and buildings. In addition, the Division supplies intelligent compact switching stations for distribution grids in metropolitan and rural areas, as well as energy storage solutions for all markets.
In this context Siemens Ltd. Nigeria is seeking a Project Manager, who will be responsible for managing Medium Voltage Power Distribution projects according to the relevant project and quality standards, guaranteeing business success and ensuring professional stakeholder management.
What are my main responsibilities?
- Responsible for resource management, contract management, claim and change order management of projects
- Establish and monitor project plans
- Evaluate and manage project risks and opportunities
- Give technical support for sales team during acquisition phase
- Develop client relationships and additional sales opportunities
- Manage suppliers, subcontractors and project team members
- Profit and loss project responsibility
- Project execution and monitoring in accordance with PM@Siemens/ international PM standards and guidelines.
- Establish extensive customer contact during the project execution and maintain good customer relationships
- Follow up project finances with the project controller in order to achieve financial goals
- Manage contractual agreements with Headquarters, suppliers and customer.
- Implement claim / change management processes.
- Implement preventive / corrective actions when needed in order to execute the project within the stipulated timeframe and according to the contract.
- Optimize and prioritize standard work processes and drive continuous improvement activities
- Ensure compliance with all applicable HSE regulations and practices to be fulfilled at site level and make sure that all Siemens corporate and Legal HSE Requirements are met.
- Coordinate and collaborate with project team members (engineering, order management, purchasing, etc.) sales and proposal groups.
- Prepare regular project reporting, project status discussions and milestone reviews
- Plan and execute site preparation by management of both external and internal resources.
- Coordinate and monitor site mounting, installation and commissioning.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Professional degree in Electrical Engineering, Power System Engineering or equivalent.
- Advantage: Advanced degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or other relevant area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management experience (preferably in Power Sector or Oil & Gas).
- Minimum 1 year site management experience.
- Minimum 1 year bid project management experience.
- Knowledge of power distribution products (MV and/or LV) including protection, metering, control and automation.
- Knowledge of compliance, negotiation, communication methods, claim management, risk management, business planning and health & safety regulations.
- Internationally recognized Project Management Certification.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (incl. MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge regarding the business and processes of power distribution utilities.
- Extensive work experience in the power sector.
- Knowledge of corporate logistics policies and international procurement rules.
- Leadership experience and methodologies for personnel management and development, team development, motivation and conflict management.
- Excellent ethical behavior; observing and complying with all applicable Conduct Guidelines and Compliance Systems.
- Advanced level of social skills and intercultural competence.
- Advantage: Work experience in the utilities or Oil & Gas sector.
- English language: Fluent speaker with good reading and writing proficiency.
What else do I need to know?
- The preferred candidate should have no restriction for travelling
- Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
- If you have acquired skills and abilities other than those listed above, we would appreciate it if you could indicate them in your application as well.
Method of Application
Interested Candidates should click here to apply online