Vacancies At ABT Associates
Posted on: 18 September, 2013
Deadline: 13 November, 2013
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View Jobs posted same day
The International Health Division (IHD) is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
BA/BS Degree with 12 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Abt Associates seeks a Senior Finance and Contracts Manager for an anticipated, multi-year DFID-funded health program in Nigeria. The program will focus on improving planning, financing and delivery of sustainable and replicable pro-poor health services for common health problems across northern Nigeria. It will also work towards achieving better public healthcare services by shifting the emphasis from curative to preventive health care, increasing training of staff, introducing new incentive packages to retain doctors and nurses in the poorest areas, enhancing the speed and efficiency in which the flow of drugs are management across all states, and the overall improvement of government planning and management.
- Under the direction of the National Program Manager, the Senior Finance and Contracts Manager will oversee all financial aspects of the program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Directly manages and oversees the financial management, accounting and procurement team of the project.
- Indirectly manages and oversees the financial management, accounting and procurement team of the state offices across northern Nigeria to ensure consistency in financial management and accounting procedures and implementation.
- Provides training to field staff on project financial procedures as well as building skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance and budgeting.
- Responsible for oversight, preparation, and submission of integrated financial reports for both client and Government of Nigeria.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all major project banking transactions; reviews monthly bank reconciliation for submission with the monthly Remote Office Voucher (ROV).
- Responsible for oversight, preparation, and submission of the ROV to Abt International Accounting department in the US, including all receipts, invoices, field expense reports, reimbursements, both electronically and in original form with full complete accurate original documentation of all field-based costs.
- Prepares budgets, including the review and finalization of project’s monthly cash flow projections from each of the state offices and prepares monthly wire transfer requests to ensure that the project maintains adequate funds for all technical operations.
- Monitors and strictly enforces travel advances, issuing and reimbursement procedures for all local staff and expats.
- Reviews and approves all check requests and documentation.
- Responsible for the management and control of petty cash payments, controls and procedures, including preparations and certification of the monthly cash count Assists in external and internal audits.
- Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems providing data measurements on financial performance of project and project activities.
- Prepares budgets and revenue plans for project programming and corporate reporting. Serves as project’s contact with client on finance issues.
- Assists the National Program Manager and home office Portfolio Manager with negotiations with client on contract issues and actions and follow up on client requests and concerns.
- Develops and implements accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provides guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures.
- Leads procurement efforts for project, including selections and negotiation with vendors.
- Manages subcontractors on project as appropriate.
- Ensures value for money in all procurement actions.
- Reviews purchase operations/purchase requisitions to ensure terms and conditions are met and value for money in vendor selection.
- Reviews and tracks the completeness and accuracy of all vendor and consultant invoices, bills and other financial claims made against the project in the normal course of business.
- Regularly reviews and asses field financial procedures and reports any discrepancies or change.
- Enforces strict adherence to the project’s authority matrix.
- Implements financial and administrative policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Oversees field staff payroll preparation and controls.
- Prepares and/or supervises the accurate, consistent and regular monthly calculation and payment of PAYE and other payroll tax deductions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s Degree (desirable), in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, or other relevant field.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience in project management, contract administration, financial management, and/or program operations.
- Ability to live in northern Nigeria is required.
- Five or more years of international project management experience, preferably in West Africa.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Experience with DFID is a plus.
- Experience in Nigeria is a plus.
- Experience in project implementation.
- Excellent writing, computer, management and organizational skills.
- Successful track record as financial manager.
- Experience successfully managing sizable staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
Method of Application
Interested Candidates should click here to apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Mental Health Support Workers at Synapse Services
- Graduate Doctors at Medline Locum Agency
- Business Development Officers at Synapse Services
- Latest Vacancies at LS Scientific Limited
- Job Opportunities at Medilag Consult
- Clinical Psychologists at Synapse Services
- Career Opportunities at The Abraaj Group
- Office Assistant at Rescue Technologies Limited