A well established company in the Maritime sector, offering it’s services’ to a global network of clientele is looking for vibrant, energetic and intelligent individuals to join their team as listed below:
Reports To: Technical Manager
Responsible for the planned, preventive and corrective maintenance and repair of Liebherr Cranes. Focus is on ensuring proper functioning of machines such that work flow and operations are not interrupted. Involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations particularly relating to safety, maintenance and repair of Liebherr Cranes
- Installing, testing, commissioning of harbor cranes/lifting equipment.
- Undertaking planned and preventive maintenance of cranes/lifting equipment.
- Maintaining and modifying electrical panels and circuits.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Ensuring all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic motors are working fine
- Carrying out basic inspection after repair/troubleshooting.
- Liaising with respective parties to ensure work runs smoothly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Good mechanical, hydraulic and electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of safety principles and practices
- Ability to read electric and hydraulic plans
- Ability to identify and recognize unsafe conditions or work practices
- Ability to respect the safety rules about working with engines
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings and translate into practice
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Previous experience in working on and maintaining Liebherr Mobile Cranes is a requirement.
- Must have a minimum of 2:2 from a reputable university.
- Must be good at organizing and managing priorities
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Must be motivated and committed
- Must be reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems
- Must be able to work as an individual and in a group
Remuneration attached to each position is attractive and competitive with the existing terms in the industry
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates with experience in working with liebherr cranes will be considered.