Finance Director (Africa) at Robert Walters
Posted on: 15 September, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Robert Walters
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Robert Walters - The company supplies contracting, maintenance and manpower services in Congo, Angola and Ghana to various Oil and Gas clients. We are looking to grow this capability and service offering in the African market to additional industries and countries with specific focus on Cote D’Ivoire, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya and Ethopia.
Job Ref: 331400/001
- Finance Director (Africa) wanted by Global Strategic Consultancy. Individual to oversee 6 regional offices across the African continent.
- Highly qualified, senior Finance candidates who are Nigerian Nationals Only! Role to be based in Lagos, Nigeria and will include travel!
- The Finance Director (Africa) is responsible for leading the Africa Office Finance Team to ensure compliance with all finance requirements and financial risk management within the 6 country locations.
- Additionally, the Director of Finance (Africa) provides active support to the Africa Office Managing Partner and also the Location (“country”) Managing Partners, as well as the broader Brand.
- The role requires a technical understanding of the compliance requirements across these countries, a sound understanding of policies and processes, and the ability to engage across a broad range of stakeholders (both internally and externally). Given the geography, travel is required on a periodic basis.
- Minimum qualification required: University Degree, B.Comm / B.Compt (Hons)
- CA (SA) and/or an MBA will be highly advantageous
- Experience: Minimum 10+ years financial/administrative management experience, ideally in a
- professional services firm, blue-chip corporate
- Knowledge: Knowledge of core finance & accounting principles, including e.g. GAAP / IFRS, as well as working knowledge of Tax and Treasury
- Skills: Senior presence and ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with Office leaders; excellent problem solving, analytic, and project management skills; outstanding communication and negotiation skills; strong team leader and people developer; high tolerance for ambiguity and exceptional professional judgement.
- Fluency in English is required, additional languages like French and / or Portuguese advantageous
- Oversee, manage, and direct the Office’s finance function
- Work with the Office Manager and Partner Group to determine finance strategy (e.g., through economic analysis, modelling and projections)
- Proactively lead the finance function to meet the Office's strategic finance and accounting objectives
- Oversee the overall performance of the accounting function, including leading the recruiting, development, and evaluation of financial support staff
- Manage and provide budgeting and planning guidance for the local office
- Develop and implement robust, transparent financial management reporting processes and systems
- Improve processes for managing client engagement economics, client billing and collection to ensure responsible economics overall and to minimise working capital demands
- Develop, propose, syndicate, and implement appropriate office cost and investment levels
- Ensure that all interactions with government and regulatory bodies, tax, corporate registrations, etc., are handled appropriately
- Integrate the office with the Firm’s financial and technical support structures, processes and policies
- Help ensure relevant compensation and benefits programs (including mobility benefits) are structured and delivered as efficiently and tax effectively as possible
- Lead/contribute to global/regional finance initiatives, as appropriate
- Support client committee
- Ensure compliance with internal audit requirements (all locations in Africa)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Robert Walters career website on www.robertwaltersafrica.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Robert WaltersSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
- Offshore Commissioning Lead & Construction Engineer (Expat) at Onstream Group
- Latest Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Engineers at an Oil and Gas Firm - Willers Solutions Limited
- Chevron - Mooring Master at Northern Marine Manning Services Limited
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Sales Engineer at WTS Energy
- Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)