Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Finance Assistant will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and report to the Base Finance Officer. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for cash payments, recording and managing cash book accounting transaction as well as filing and archiving of financial documents. The tasks and responsibilities includes but are not limited to;
- Field visits to various program activities to make payments.
- Close cash book on monthly basis and send to base admin.
- Verify consistencies of supporting documents in accordance with the mission's procedures.
- Monthly accounting closure and verify the accuracy of accounting, budget and project codes.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have;
- A Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context preferably.
- An understanding of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback and be a team player), time management and planning skills.
- The ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Ability to manage and follow work plans.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Method of Application
The deadline for this position is Tuesday, September 19 2017 at 5.00 pm
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply