Avis Nigeria Is Recruiting
Posted on: 18 September, 2013
Deadline: 24 September, 2013
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Avis Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
- The IT Manager s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
- The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Strategy & Planning
Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science and 7 years related work experience. Professional Certifications in other technology as a core component preferred. Project management and other technology certifications may be advantageous.
- Certifications in ITIL, A+, S+, CISCO, PRINCE2, MCITP, MSCE, MCSD etc
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including computer hardware, virtualization, Active directory, Google Apps for business etc.
- Ability to develop and implement business workflow and Process management for automation
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including SQL databases, crystal reports etc.
- Extensive application support experience with SAGE ACCPAC ERP, Web Design etc.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Proven expertise in using project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Primavera)
- Knowledge of database development, including MySQL and/or MS SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of Internet programming languages, including .net, PHP,HTML5 and C#.
- Thorough understanding of application development methodologies.
- Knowledge of User Interface design
- Comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive corporate Web sites.
- Proven experience in maintaining web servers
- Proven experience in LAN, WAN and Infrastructure Management
- Understanding of cloud computing
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for remote support during unsociable hours.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Attending relevant meetings such as Marketing, Strategic, Management and others as requested to attend/participate.
- Supporting staff nationwide
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a technology environment, including at least 3 years proven project management experience.
- Delivery focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function under pressure
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Analytical yet pragmatic
- Work Conditions (sitting for extended periods of time)
- Out of hours work
- Cross-functional project team management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Method of Application
Interested applicant should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
- Fresh Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)