Avis Nigeria Is Recruiting
Posted on: 18 September, 2013
Deadline: 24 September, 2013
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
Avis Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
- The IT Manager s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
- The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Strategy & Planning
Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science and 7 years related work experience. Professional Certifications in other technology as a core component preferred. Project management and other technology certifications may be advantageous.
- Certifications in ITIL, A+, S+, CISCO, PRINCE2, MCITP, MSCE, MCSD etc
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including computer hardware, virtualization, Active directory, Google Apps for business etc.
- Ability to develop and implement business workflow and Process management for automation
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including SQL databases, crystal reports etc.
- Extensive application support experience with SAGE ACCPAC ERP, Web Design etc.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Proven expertise in using project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Primavera)
- Knowledge of database development, including MySQL and/or MS SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of Internet programming languages, including .net, PHP,HTML5 and C#.
- Thorough understanding of application development methodologies.
- Knowledge of User Interface design
- Comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive corporate Web sites.
- Proven experience in maintaining web servers
- Proven experience in LAN, WAN and Infrastructure Management
- Understanding of cloud computing
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for remote support during unsociable hours.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Attending relevant meetings such as Marketing, Strategic, Management and others as requested to attend/participate.
- Supporting staff nationwide
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a technology environment, including at least 3 years proven project management experience.
- Delivery focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function under pressure
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Analytical yet pragmatic
- Work Conditions (sitting for extended periods of time)
- Out of hours work
- Cross-functional project team management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Method of Application
Interested applicant should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Opening at a Leading Logistics Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Job Opening at a Logistics Company - U Connect Human Resources Ltd
- Job Vacancies at a Shipping and Logistics Company - Virtuoso
- Transport and Logistics Manager at MoveMe.Com.Ng
- Commercial Manager (Expatriate) at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
- Accountant at CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited