Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy formulation and implementation expertise and business operation improvement skills.
- Develops and manages the Value Added Services portfolio based on market requirements and the company’s technology capabilities.
- Responsible for achieving financial and product performance targets by implementing effective content and campaign management strategies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a robust product strategy in line with the vision of the company, market trends, customer requirements and new technologies.
- Have an in-depth understanding of VAS products and channels including SMS, USSD, MMS, IVR, Data, Mobile Web, Mobile WAP, Mobile Apps, On-device, STK etc.
- Develop and launch new revenue streams by leveraging technology, content management and business intelligence.
- Design and launch new products and enhancements through research on market trends and competitors.
- Translate customer and partner requirements into documents easily understood by the technical team for implementation and provide input in customer presentations and technical workshops.
- Collate and prepare documentation for all new products and services prior to launch including market survey, product proposition, service description, product change log, agreement, reconciliation template, pricing, business case, test cases and result, approval, FAQs, launch plan etc.
- Ensure the business development team and the rest of the organization are regularly trained on current products, planned products and their capabilities.
- Manage product and customer life cycle processes.
- Develop and implement a Go-to-Market strategy for all product and services.
- Achieve financial targets and service penetration by running campaigns and promotions using available campaign tools, features and alternate channels.
- Analyze customer data, behavior and needs to draw relevant insights for the development of compelling VAS propositions across segments.
- Plan and maintain a campaign calendar for existing and new products and services.
- Develop and implement a content strategy to create and source for quality content based on market trends and consumer appetite.
- Manage the entire process for content formatting, uploading and delivery across all platforms utilized.
- Manage accurate and up-to-date records of all company and third-party content managed.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with content owners and aggregators.
- Develop and Improve business processes and polices in line with Company’s vision for better operational management, reporting, communication and organizational planning.
- Design and improve quality management processes and their deployment; testing and monitoring of new and existing VAS services.
- Attend customer meetings with the business development team to collate requirements and provide clarifications, where required.
- Assist in responses to request for proposals, request for quotation, bids etc.
- Routinely monitor progress against targets and provide performance data including quarterly, half year, annual reports etc to executive management.
- Coordinate account reconciliation for Clients and MNOs and payouts to Content providers/owners.
- Enforce control on receivables and expenses to ensure that the budgeted cash flows and targets for each project are met.
- Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in operations, product development, project management or marketing within the VAS, Telecommunication or ICT industry.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/managerial level.
- Completed NYSC.
- Certificate Management Programs (e.g. Project Management, Product Management, Marketing). [optional].
- Post Graduate Degree, MA/MBA/M.Sc [optional]
- Ability to translate complex technical specifications into clear user and commercial benefits and vice versa.
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management.
- Product Development and Management.
- Project Phoenix Prepared by LCF Global Partners Limited 2015 3.
- Business Process Management.
- Content Development.
- Marketing and Campaign Management.
- Public Speaking and presentation skills.
- Research and Writing.
- Use of CRM.
- Use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Resource Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Personal Characteristics.
- A self-starter with high attention to detail.
- Great team work and collaborative spirit.
- Proven ability to make an impact internally and externally.
- Analytical minded.
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets.
- Exhibit high energy levels and drive.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing work environment.
- Exhibit Professionalism at all times.
go to method of application »
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing leadership in all activities related to the development and delivery of the company's technology from software design, software development, quality assurance, release, enhancement, and implementation.
- Define product development directions (features, user experience, application flow and optimizations) and drive ongoing product initiatives in close collaboration with the development team.
- Monitor market trends, analyze competitive products and activities; find, communicate and leverage relevant benchmarks (including business models) outside of the core market.
- Build and execute marketing plans and promotional activities to drive traffic and increase brand awareness and sales.
- Present and champion the product vision within the organization and coordinate the execution of the marketing plans with the various stakeholders and departments.
- Develops strategies to increase revenue and performs cost-benefit analysis and return-on-investment analysis.
- Manage profit and loss account of products and relevant Strategic Business Units.
- Track and report progress and performance of marketing projects and recommend improvements.
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Work with senior management to create product strategy and roadmaps.
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule.
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve:
- Cycle time excellence and on-time product delivery to market
- Quality of Service and customer satisfaction
- Retention and recruiting
- Employee satisfaction and motivation
- Development of staff e.g. Goals completed, performance reviews completed etc
- Functionality and performance of the system and applications
- Budget management as well as technology cost
- Developer Productivity
- Responsiveness e.g. to technology advances, consumer behavior trends
- Achievement of overall corporate goals
- Prior senior level management experience is required
- Experience in product lifecycle management and software development
- B.Sc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field
- 10-15 years relevant experience is required
- Strong delivery and proven execution skills.
- Strong organizational change management skills.
- Strong team management skills.
- Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results in immediate area of responsibility.
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible and consultative approach.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing business and market place.
- Ability think creatively and exploit business opportunities
- Methodical and detail conscious.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role.
- Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods.
- Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Planning and Objective Setting:
- Systematic in approach to work.
- Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified.
- Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks.
- Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
- Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support.
- Balances personal goals with those of the team.
- Fosters collaboration among team members
- Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction.
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities.
- Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Developing and Coaching Others:
- Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees.
- Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
- Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development.
- Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities
- Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service.
- Anticipates customers'/clients' needs.
- Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints.
- Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry and Market Awareness:
- Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them.
- Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the email.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.