The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below, this position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Department: AUN Clinic
- The Rapid Response Driver shall be saddled with the responsibility of driving in a safe and smooth manner in accordance with local traffic regulations and ambulance driving training regulations, whilst considering patients comfort and safety.
- He shall also maintain and clean ambulance vehicles as required by ensuring that the vehicle is in a legal and roadworthy condition and adequate supplies of clinical equipment and consumables are available.
- In addition, the incumbent shall place patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances, while being understanding and emphatic as exemplified in the University’s policy and procedures.
- Valid driving licence. ( Class E or F )
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, possesses and maintains a safe driving record.
- Must also be available to work flexible hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Strength and hand-eye coordination are also necessary.
- Must be in and maintain top physical form.
- Strength, physical stamina, agility, and medical fitness.
- Must be teachable.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to drive an ambulance vehicle very quickly, but also do so in a safe manner in order to promote safety.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Must be flexible in work schedule including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Timely and accurate record keeping and completion of report forms as required
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to remain calm in dangerous or stressful situations.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.