StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is an Industrial Catering and Hospitality organization.
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos State (Proximity to location will be considered).
To prepare and present food in an appealing and satisfactory manner.
- Cook all food; African and Continental.
- Take proper inventory of food items in the assigned section.
- The cook is expected to take total ownership of the kitchen affairs.
- Responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
- Modify and create new menus as needed for the purposes for the restaurant or other outdoor services.
- Prepares on daily basis food requisitions; use creativity to cook delicious and tasty meals.
- Control cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising portion control.
- Observes and tastes all food being cooked samples all food before it is served.
- Report any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance.
- Checks function sheets and sees to it that all food items for outlets, banquets and special functions are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standards.
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; Select and develop recipes;
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen; ensure the kitchen and the industrial cooking equipments are is tidy after every engagement.
- Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quantity and quality of raw material received.
- Order supplies needed to ensure efficient operation in the kitchen.
- Any other duties of related responsibilities.
Required Skills, Experience:
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in an industrial catering organization as a cook.
- The desired candidate must be able to take ownership by being in absolute control of all the kitchen affairs.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must maintain an impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards.
- An excellent food presentation skill is highly required.
- The candidate needs to be able to work with a variety of people and have coping skills to handle difficult personalities, ranging from co-workers to customers.
- Must be have good planning and time management skills.
- The Caterer must have good knowledge of Nigerian and continental meal preparation.
Method of Application
Salary: N45, 000/m + daily feeding + other benefits.
Experienced Dual (Continental & African) cooks should apply to email@example.com using ‘DUAL’ as the subject of mail
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale