If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office. At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision.
- Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
- The Monitoring Assistant for the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) will support WFP Nigeria monitoring activities related to the WFP toll-free hotline and the Interactive Voice Response system including collecting information through phone calls, logging the information, generating, escalating and tracking cases as necessary, providing information required by beneficiaries and closing the feedback loop by responding to persons who complained.
- To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the general supervision of the Programme Officer-Monitoring and Evaluation and direct supervision of the National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Monitoring Assistant (Complaints and Feedback Mechanism/Hotline) will:
- Collect information from affected persons by answering telephone calls; interviewing beneficiaries and verifying information.
- Determine eligibility by comparing beneficiary information to ongoing assistance activities, targeting criteria and geographical coverage and SCOPE records.
- Handle beneficiary information with confidentiality and in a professional manner as indicated in SOP for CFM.
- Record information using mobile phones or web-based desktop applications, sync with server.
- Flag high risk issues and report to M&E officer with immediate effect.
- Generate case files of issues requiring technical assistance and escalate to relevant task teams.
- Track reported issues, follow up on resolution procedure and timing and close the feedback loop.
- Support beneficiary outreach monitoring and outcome surveys as necessary.
- Observe trends, and report repetitive trends of high and medium risk to M&E Officer.
- Contribute to further contextualization of BFM system by sharing emerging themes with M&E officer.
- Sensitize beneficiaries by explaining procedures, interventions, distribution plans, targeting criteria, how to utilize in-kind assistance (nutritional supplements), responding to questions and providing accurate information.
- Maintain mobile devices, ICT systems and reporting challenges as they arise.
- Maintain and improves quality results by adhering to WFP standards and guidelines; recommending improvement procedures.
- Participate in pilot of Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and subsequently transition to a finalized interphase.
- Support translation and initial recording and routine update of short messages within the call-flow of the interactive voice response IVR system.
- Update job knowledge by studying distribution plans and other relevant project documents and communication affecting beneficiary assistance for Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
- Support value voucher vendors by responding to frequently asked questions and receiving and escalating technical assistance issues as necessary.
- Contribute to lessons learned through information sharing which feeds into programming.
- Generate information from databases on weekly and basis to share summary report with M&E Officer.
- Establish and maintain relationship with programmes focal points that ensures flow of information updates within fluid nature of operations.
- Support the end to end implementation of corporate systems such as COMET and SCOPE
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Other Post Requirements (details to be determined by Post Manager)
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
Data Analytics and Visualization:
- Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
Programme Monitoring and Review:
- Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in related field.
- A Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Economics, Computer Sciences or other field related to Monitoring and Evaluation an added advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written english communication. Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri. Fluency in both a plus.
- At least 4 years work experience in related field.
- Minimum of two-year experience in development/humanitarian programming.
- Proficiency in MS Word & Excel is a requirement. Experience using ICT (mobile based and web-based desktop software) for data collection. Experience using appreciative inquiry and conflict sensitivity techniques a plus.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
- General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Experience using ICT (mobile based and web-based desktop software) for data collection
- Experience using appreciative inquiry and conflict sensitivity techniques a plus.
- Demonstrated diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
Terms and Conditions
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian national (or residents with valid residence and work permits) are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
Method of Application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply