If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), founded in 2011, is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the transporting of goods and persons safely toward their destination. The logistic and driver assistant also supports the training department for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Regional Training Manager.
- The logistic and driver assistant position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of trainings to the NGO community.
- To operate INSO vehicles as directed by the Training Manager
- To assist the Training Manager in travel and Fleet Management.
- To assist the Training Manager in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation and travels
- To assist the Training Team in delivery of various Security Management Trainings
- To assist the CAM in the Training Administration.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4x4 vehicles with manual gear.
- Basic knowledge of administrative, Logistic, Procurement, IT and HR processes.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Computer literate, with IT management skills.
- 2 years’ work experience in INGO as a driver.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Terms & Conditions
- 12-month contract with expected start date of (1st October 2017), 2 paid annual leave days/month accrued, health and life insurance.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to send the following below to: firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to reference ‘INSO – Log/Driver Assistant Abuja’ in the subject line of your email.
- Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Up to date CV (2-page maximum).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.).