Engineering Technicians at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 14 September, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Guinness Nigeria Plc
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Locations: Lagos/Benin Brewery
Function: Supply Operations
Type of Job: Employee
Location: Lagos HQ
Reports To: Production Services Engineer
- Nigeria is currently the world's third largest market for the Guinness Brand. Lagos and Benin Breweries, each produce c.1.5 to 1.6 million hectolitres of various Guinness products per annum for the local, national and export markets. GNPLC is striving towards world class standards and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria.
- The company is investing huge resources into: growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
- The Engineering Technicians are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development.
- They will report to the Production Services Engineer.
Purpose of the Role
- To produce Guinness products at customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- The Nigerian beer market is complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus. Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery to become Number 1.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Interface with SAP as appropriate.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities (as appropriate) and/or a nationally recognised technical qualification.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness Nigeria Plc career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Guinness Nigeria PlcSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company
- Finance & Administrative Officer at Medecins Du Monde - Readvertised
- Electrical Officers at Coleman Wires and Cables
- Production Manager at Aquada Development Corporation
- Electrical Technicians at Givanas Cosmetics Nigeria Limited
- Finance Controller - WECA at Kimberly-Clark
- Local Area Representatives at SABmiller Plc
- ICT Officer at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)