Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is Global Package Service Company. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to hire the services of:
- The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for achieving their assigned sales plan by generating profitable the company revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business within their assigned accounts.
- He/she analyses customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
Conducts Sales Calls:
- Travels to customer sites for face-to-face meetings to gather information about their businesses and identify opportunities for solutions.
- Analyses customers’ billing technology to understand their needs and recommend the company’s products and services.
- Builds successful partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels of customers’ organizations to cultivate relationships and generate revenue opportunities across all product and service lines.
- Sells technology solutions to customers to secure their business and provide added value to proposals and satisfy business needs.
- Presents solutions to customers to gain approval of proposals and move forward with the sales process.
Responds to Internal and External Customer Concerns:
- Meets with customers to discuss complaints and obtain supporting documentation (e.g., invoices, etc.).
- Facilitates research of customer complaints (e.g., late deliveries, damages, billing questions, etc.) to determine appropriate resolution personnel.
- Discusses complaints with the company’s personnel (e.g., business centre managers, operations, billing, drivers, etc.) to determine corrective actions and resolutions.
- Suggests technology solutions or operations modifications to customers to satisfy customer complaints.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure successful problem resolution.
- Shares customer problems with managers and operations teams to provide awareness on recurring customer issues.
Implements Customer Accounts:
- Trains customers on technology solutions to ensure tools are used properly and to minimize errors.
- Trains customers on billing analysis tools and electronic billing files to facilitate report generation.
- Trains customers on proper packaging techniques to avoid damages.
- Collaborates with operations to implement accounts with special needs (e.g., unique delivery schedules, extra conveyors, additional drivers, etc.) to adequately handle customers’ shipping needs.
- Completes account setup documentation using prescribed methodology (e.g., shipper numbers, attachments, authorizations, contact information, etc.) to set up accounts.
Maintains and Grows Business:
- Maintains book of business (e.g., ground, air, international, freight, etc.) to grow and execute against the business plan.
- Executes on previously signed contracts to introduce new products and services to customers and expand business within customer accounts.
- Maintains and monitors records of customer information and account performance to track sales performance to objectives.
- Reviews various Business Information and Analysis reporting tools to assess account performance and generate reports for management.
Prepares for Sales Calls:
- Customizes standardized presentation templates with customers’ information to illustrate benefits of solutions to customers.
- Assesses previous sales calls to determine action plans for subsequent visits.
- Performs pre-call analysis (e.g., researches account history, shipping details, complaints, etc.) to prepare for sales calls.
- Researches industry specific data to effectively recommend and position solutions.
- Participates in online training classes to prepare for products and services assessments and quizzes and to stay current on industry knowledge.
Identifies Sales Opportunities and Qualifies Leads:
- Monitors existing accounts’ statistics to uncover additional sales opportunities (e.g., increase in volume, increase in frequency, new lanes, etc.).
- Researches existing the company’s account history to obtain background information and identify and prioritize large sales opportunities.
- Researches resources (e.g., current customers, periodicals, competitors, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and obtain contact information.
- Responds to internal sales leads from various sources (e.g., Sales Lead Incentive Management system, operations, Package Operations staff, etc.) to identify sales opportunities and create a sales strategy.
- Networks with industry colleagues to uncover sales opportunities.
Prepares Documentation for Account Setup:
- Submits customer pricing requests to Pricing Analysts to generate new or revised price quotes.
- Analyses price quotes to verify accuracy and determine how to propose the solution to the customer.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accounts are implemented on time and inform the Company personnel of account logistics.
- Negotiates with internal groups (e.g., Pricing, Revenue Management, etc.) to create proposals and move forward with the sales process.
- Generates customer-facing reports to outline shipping history, billing history, and accounts’ incentives (i.e., contracted discounts) and renegotiate contracts.
Job Specific Competencies
Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge:
- Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions.
Assesses Business Needs:
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge:
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions.
Conducts Competitive Analysis:
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of competitor’s strategies and offerings; collects, analyzes, and interprets competitive information; identifies areas where the company’s is at a competitive disadvantage and suggests ideas for improving its competitive position.
Conducts Customer Analysis:
- Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of how to conduct customer analysis using common sources of information to identify customer facts and trends; collects standard research data about current and prospective customers with some guidance; identifies and develops lists of prospective customers; assists with identifying instances where customer needs or expectations are not being met; drafts promotions of products, services, and features based upon research with oversight from others.
Creates Account Strategies:
- Helps define and create specific documented account strategies; evaluates key financial indicators to establish account strategies; leverages sales and service resources to meet basic customer needs; recognizes overlap between customer needs and external industry trends.
- Accurately reads and interprets financial reports and statements; demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives.
Freight Forwarding Operations Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and technology for intermodal transportation; identifies root causes of recurring issues within freight forwarding operations; describes the general structure of freight forwarding operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties.
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
Small Package Operations Knowledge:
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations.
Solicits and Gathers Information:
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information.
Solves Customer Problems:
- Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks.
Strategic Customer Partnerships:
- Builds and maintains relationships throughout a customer organization; makes recommendations regarding account decisions or strategies.
Supply Chain Management:
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Education: B.Sc./HND
- Experience: 6 – 10 years selling experience is required.
- Industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Language Proficiency: English language speaking and writing proficiency is required.
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of sales principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to the courier industry in Nigeria is required.
go to method of application »
- The PMO - Manager shall be responsible for the definition and maintenance of the standards of project management and process.
- He/she shall support the successful delivery of projects undertaken by the company through effective facilitation, de-bottle necking, tracking and reporting.
- The incumbent shall assist with advising managers and teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and act as the first point of contact for any project management queries within the company.
- As a member of the Construction Team and clearly responsible for their functional areas of expertise, the incumbent is also expected to think and act in the wider context and interests of the company.
- Assist and advise Project Sponsors, Construction Managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment.
- Develop positive relationships with Project Sponsors, Construction Managers, and teams to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training where necessary.
- Identify and proffer solutions to project dependencies that are bottlenecks to project success.
- Support Executive Director managing resource allocation, including adjustments based on technical opportunities and challenges.
- Assist with establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information, and an advocate.
- Understand the deliverables of internal and external PMO stakeholders and contribute to success through cooperative and collegial processes expenditure requests in line with the company strategic goals and objectives.
Products, Services and Operations:
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Establishes and manages processes that support t communication between construction managers and project sponsors.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO
Financial Strength and Risk Management:
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Prepare business cases for variations or change order management.
- Contributes to overall profitability of the company by monitoring all areas of Project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations.
- Assist construction managers incorporate strategies for cost efficiencies within their business case and project design.
- Timely delivery of all projects to budget, quality and specification.
- Contributes to the flow of communication within the team, by actively participating in team meetings.
- Optimal utilization of plant and equipment.
- Prepares and submits reports as required by the Executive Director.
- Ensures familiarity and compliance with all the company policies and processes.
- Performs other such roles and duties as may be reasonably required by the Executive Director or by any other representative of the company designated from time to time by the company.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Project management certification e.g. PMP, CAPM, PRINCE 2, ITIL.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience relevant to Project Management and Project Management Office
- Proven PMO/Project Analyst or Coordinator experience and knowledge of project management.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Experience in Construction service industry.
- Ability to manage and/or coordinate multiple projects.
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Senior Sales Executive - email@example.com
- Project Management Office - Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should forward their CV's kindly making the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale