Technical Development Representative at Monsanto Company
Posted on: 13 September, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Monsanto Company
Monsanto Company - We’re more than 20,000 dedicated employees focused on developing solutions to help farmers have better harvests while using resources more efficiently.
We work to help farmers grow crops in a more sustainable way. We think holistically about how food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests - so a balanced plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables is within reach of every family.
- Monsanto’s Technology Development and Agronomy Team in sub-Saharan Africa is hiring for a Technology Development Representative to be part of a team that lead the development and testing of agronomic system concepts for our products.
- This role will gain firsthand knowledge of Monsanto's products and associated agronomic systems research to provide technical leadership and conduct field research within Nigeria.
- This includes, understanding local and regional cropping systems and the development of existing and newer pipeline products.
- Successful candidates must have strong communication and people skills to enable cross-functional interactions with R&D and commercial teams.
- Coordinate and execute systems field testing program that supports maize and/or cotton germplasm and trait evaluations across different agroecological zones.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of field trials in alignment with commercial team; trial seed forecasting, location identification, cooperator contracts, trial design, planting, in-season trial maintenance, data recording, harvesting and relinquish data.
- Active contribution and advancement team’s work, proposals for variety advancements.
- Maintain country regulatory compliance, ensure trials are conducted within regulatory and stewardship policy and paperwork is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Technology Development colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products.
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools to improve work efficiency and execution of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide technical leadership for local sales organization through agronomic trainings, product and technology scientific knowledge transfer and stewardship initiatives.
- Technical contribution in demand generating activities like customer visits, demonstration plots, farmer field days and events, marketing tools, etc.
- Investigation of product performance inquiries that require specific agronomic and product knowledge.
- Maintain and build relationship with researchers from academic and research institutions.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained, operating and ready for use.
- Actively participate in the site safety program.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag/Life Sciences or related discipline, with 5 years’ experience in agricultural research.
- Experience in applied field research focused in row crop experimental design, field test plot management, statistics and data interpretation.
- Strong experience in statistics, experimental design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to obtain a driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively within country and occasionally regional.
- Masters of Science and/or higher degree in Agronomy, Weed Science, Entomology, Crop Protection, Soil Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology or a closely related discipline.
- Experience operating and maintaining research and field data capturing tools.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and assertive with a results orientation.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. mobile technology (tablets/smart phones), scientific/ statistical software, basic knowledge of databases and information reporting tools, etc.).
- Proficient at reading field protocols and field reports, translating data/statistics into market related information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Monsanto Company career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Monsanto CompanySimilar Jobs
- CRM and Communications Manager at Farmcrowdy
- Business Accountant at Saro Agro-Allied Limited
- HR Officer at The West African Cotton Company Limited (WACOT)
- Feed-Mill Supervisor at Efugo Farms
- Navision & Sharepoint Developer at Saroafrica International Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Saro Agro Sciences Limited
- Business Development Executives at Contec Global Agro Limited
- Job Opportunities at Babban Gona