Technical Development Representative at Monsanto Company
Posted on: 13 September, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Monsanto Company
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Monsanto Company - We’re more than 20,000 dedicated employees focused on developing solutions to help farmers have better harvests while using resources more efficiently.
We work to help farmers grow crops in a more sustainable way. We think holistically about how food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests - so a balanced plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables is within reach of every family.
- Monsanto’s Technology Development and Agronomy Team in sub-Saharan Africa is hiring for a Technology Development Representative to be part of a team that lead the development and testing of agronomic system concepts for our products.
- This role will gain firsthand knowledge of Monsanto's products and associated agronomic systems research to provide technical leadership and conduct field research within Nigeria.
- This includes, understanding local and regional cropping systems and the development of existing and newer pipeline products.
- Successful candidates must have strong communication and people skills to enable cross-functional interactions with R&D and commercial teams.
- Coordinate and execute systems field testing program that supports maize and/or cotton germplasm and trait evaluations across different agroecological zones.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordination and execution of field trials in alignment with commercial team; trial seed forecasting, location identification, cooperator contracts, trial design, planting, in-season trial maintenance, data recording, harvesting and relinquish data.
- Active contribution and advancement team’s work, proposals for variety advancements.
- Maintain country regulatory compliance, ensure trials are conducted within regulatory and stewardship policy and paperwork is accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Technology Development colleagues to help steward current products and introduce new products.
- Regularly integrate emerging technology tools to improve work efficiency and execution of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide technical leadership for local sales organization through agronomic trainings, product and technology scientific knowledge transfer and stewardship initiatives.
- Technical contribution in demand generating activities like customer visits, demonstration plots, farmer field days and events, marketing tools, etc.
- Investigation of product performance inquiries that require specific agronomic and product knowledge.
- Maintain and build relationship with researchers from academic and research institutions.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained, operating and ready for use.
- Actively participate in the site safety program.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag/Life Sciences or related discipline, with 5 years’ experience in agricultural research.
- Experience in applied field research focused in row crop experimental design, field test plot management, statistics and data interpretation.
- Strong experience in statistics, experimental design, data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to obtain a driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively within country and occasionally regional.
- Masters of Science and/or higher degree in Agronomy, Weed Science, Entomology, Crop Protection, Soil Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology or a closely related discipline.
- Experience operating and maintaining research and field data capturing tools.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and assertive with a results orientation.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. mobile technology (tablets/smart phones), scientific/ statistical software, basic knowledge of databases and information reporting tools, etc.).
- Proficient at reading field protocols and field reports, translating data/statistics into market related information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team, strong time management skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Monsanto Company career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Monsanto CompanySimilar Jobs
- Jobs at WACOT Limited
- Social Media Manager at Pork Money Nigeria
- Accountant at WACOT Limited
- SAP Basis Security Consultant at WACOT Limited
- Production Supervisor at Rhabe Ventures Limited
- Senior Plant Breeder at WACOT Limited
- Manager, Banking Relations and Treasury at WACOT Limited
- Community Liaison Officer at SIAT Nigeria Limited