Chief Accountant at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 12 September, 2017
Deadline: 18 September, 2017
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at AB Microfinance Bank
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG (www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
Ref Code: CACCT/SEPT/2017
- Ensure the Accounts Procedures and Manuals are up to date, reflect and regulate the processes in the Accounts Department at all times and advise the CFO on changes to the Procedures to improve work flows and mitigate risks.
- On own initiative, identify risks and areas needing improvement within all processes in the Accounts department and mitigate them by adjusting underlying processes.
- Act as a direct supervisor to all Accounts staff to ensure an effective and efficient discharge their duties at all times
- Review the finance Accounts members work on a regular basis and address their performance through timely feedback and coaching.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Management Accounts and accompanying notes within prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure that financial transactions are recorded and classified in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and approved financial reporting standards.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual and bi-annual AccessHolding reporting package within prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure that all bank statements are reconciled, and the reconciliations reviewed and signed on a monthly basis within prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure that all E-Banking transactions are reconciled, differences investigated and resolved within defined timelines.
- Analyze financial discrepancies (revenues, expenditures, assets, liabilities and equity), determine budget variances, provide explanations for such variations and recommend effective solutions to the CFO.
- Ensure that statutory deductions (WHT, PAYE, Pension etc.) are correctly deducted and remitted with supporting schedules within prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure the proper computation and timely remittance of all other statutory payments. These include but not limited to VAT, Income taxes, Tertiary education tax and Information technology levy
Qualifications Experience, and Knowledge
- B.Sc. or Higher National Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- Must be ACA, ACCA certified or any relevant professional qualification
- At least 7 years’ post professional certification (ICAN, ACCA, etc.) relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel
- Strong accuracy and analytical skills
- Strong ability to make projections and forecasts
- Proven strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AB Microfinance Bank career website on www.ab-mfbnigeria.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AB Microfinance BankSimilar Jobs
- IBD Analyst/Associate at Exotix
- Division Manager, Capital Market Development at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Career Opportunities at First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
- Business Development / Deal Origination Officer at Nexus Capital Markets, LLC
- Career Opportunities at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Career Opportunities at Dangote Group
- Relationship Managers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Career Opportunities at Wema Bank Plc