If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
International HR Consulting by Aadmi Consulting: Dynamic, Innovative, Affordable
When your business has all the right elements in place—focused vision, in-demand products and services, and energetic personnel—the possibilities for success are unlimited.
How do you find the best, most dynamic personnel that you require? And whom can you trust to make sure you stay in compliance with the various tax and labor laws in effect? With so many talented people out there, you need a human resource expert that understands not just local talent, but international talent as well, and one that understands the complexities involved.
Aadmi Consulting has the answers. We are a full-service human resources firm committed to helping you develop a sustainable employee recruitment and retention strategy that will enhance your business and foster its growth. Aadmi Consulting works with businesses of all sizes and styles, from nonprofits and startups to medium-sized companies, helping our clients through the full life cycle of their businesses.
Our client is seeking a Director of Finance & Administration to be a key member of the global management team, with responsibility for the organization's Finance, Grants and Contracts, and Human Resources Departments. He/She will work closely with the Co-Executive Directors, management team, and country staff to ensure the organization maintains practical and efficient systems that enable the organization to fulfill its mission to improve health systems. The position will report to the Co-Executive Directors, and will directly supervise the department leads for: Finance, Grants & Contracts, Human Resources, and Operations.
Leadership and Overall Management
- Provide leadership, guidance, and oversight to the Finance, Grants & Contracts, Human Resources, and Operations Departments.
- Maintain departmental structures, personnel, and operating standards and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Provide leadership presence for all staff, including bridging cross-country office issues as well as supporting an open-door policy amongst all staff.
- Lead development and implementation of:
- Annual plans and budgets
- Policies and procedures
- Risk management strategies
- Liaise with partners and donors upon request, including providing timely and accurate responses to inquiries.
- Oversee the adequacy and implementation/migration of all ERP systems as they relate to the functional areas of responsibility
Directly supervising and working closely with the Associate Director for Finance, provide oversight, leadership, guidance, and ultimate accountability for key finance functions, including:
- Budgeting, accounting, reporting, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and investments.
- Preparation of financial statements and reports for use by leadership and Board of Directors
- Participating in strategic and management decisions.
- Prudent and strategic management of resources, including identifying potential cost savings and revenue opportunities.
- Development and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
- Continuous improvement and implementation of finance policies and procedures, as well as establishing appropriate internal controls.
- Departmental and monthly approval and processing of revenue and expenditures, cash flow and capital purchases.
- Compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including accounting standards (IFRS and/or GAAP) and government funding requirements.
- Ensure completion of independent annual audit and other periodic audits.
- Ensure timely and accurate tax compliance of all entities.
Grants and Contracts
Directly supervising and working closely with the Deputy Director for Grants and Contracts and country office leadership, provide oversight, leadership, guidance, and ultimate accountability for key grants and contracts functions, including:
- All administrative processes, systems, and policies to effectively and efficiently manage grants and contracts.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as funding agreement terms and conditions.
- Grants and Contracts performance:
- Resolution of related administrative problems
- Proactive identification of tools and strategies to improve performance.
- Development and training for programmatic staff on grants and contract management.
Directly supervising and working closely with the Deputy Director for Human Resources, provide oversight, leadership, guidance, and ultimate accountability for key human resources functions, including:
- Recruitment and onboarding to ensure attraction and retention of highly skilled, committed and motivated workforce.
- Design and administration of compensation and benefits plans including salary scales, medical, disability, and term life insurance, and retirement.
- Implementation of a performance management process, ensuring it is linked to career development and succession planning.
- Design and implementation of employee wellness programs to enhance morale and retention.
- Design and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures, ensuring labor law and record keeping compliance.
- Payroll process, time tracking and benefits administration.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and an MBA or related advanced degree, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a senior-level management position of a multi-site nonprofit organization with offices on multiple continents, with global health experience preferred.
- Financial background required, with demonstrated knowledge across finance, grants and contracts, human resources, and operations.
- Minimum of 5 years with demonstrated experience in USG grants and contracts administration. Experience with large foundations and government sources of funding preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with knowledge of French, Krio, Hausa preferred.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, including demonstrated proficiency with advanced formulas and formatting in Excel.
- Experience using online administrative and collaboration software (ERP, ATS, HRIS, etc…).
- Ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems required.
- Keen analytic, organization, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Exceptional people skills associated with being a pragmatic and creative leader, including political and diplomatic awareness within an organization.
- Team-oriented, data-driven and intellectually curious.
- Willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships internally and with various organizations and utilizing those relationships to help achieve Mission via negotiation or consensus.
- Motivating employees via leadership and optimism.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Aadmi Consulting career website on careers-aadmiconsulting.icims.com to apply